Sponsored

Ordered the Procharger today!! Questions

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Ordered the Procharger basic kit from Beefcake! I got the kit, standard tuning, and upgraded injectors. I also bought new spark plugs.

My questions are:

Is there anything else I should buy before starting the install - like anything that would be beneficial do do during install to save time/hassle later? :cheers:

Any cool tips or tricks from anyone who has installed this kit? Stuff that you realized during install that I should be prepared to handle or to learn from your mistakes? :D

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to getting back behind a supercharged Mustang - havent had one since my 03 Cobra!
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Biggest issue seems to be with their inlet elbow. At least a couple reported failures or near failures by now, and Procharger still completely ignores/denies even the potential problematic part. Not even willing to entertain the idea that it's a problem, and just blaming it on install error. just FYI

Otherwise I'm sure you'll love it, because any sort of boost on these cars makes absolutely absurd power :D

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Very nice! Bet you can't wait to sample some boooooost! :D

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
The hardest part is trimming the outlet 90 to fit so it's not pinched. Go slow, trim, test fit, trim more etc. The elbow needs trimmed pretty short.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hardest part is trimming the outlet 90 to fit so it's not pinched. Go slow, trim, test fit, trim more etc. The elbow needs trimmed pretty short.
that doesnt sound good

Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
oil pump and crank shaft gears. You don't have to have them but I would go ahead and do it for piece of mind.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oil pump and crank shaft gears. You don't have to have them but I would go ahead and do it for piece of mind.
I thought about it, but isn't that install pretty intense?

I feel confident with bolting on the procharger, but tearing into the motor makes me nervous

GHOSTRACER

Midlife Crisis......Again
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I just finished my install a few weeks ago. Pretty straight forward and good instructions: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55766 . As far as the inlet tube "issue", I can't see how this could happen unless it was installed improperly. Trimming of the outlet tube, piece of cake. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Biggest issue seems to be with their inlet elbow. At least a couple reported failures or near failures by now, and Procharger still completely ignores/denies even the potential problematic part. Not even willing to entertain the idea that it's a problem, and just blaming it on install error. just FYI
I've seen two posts on this board that have shown issues with the NEW intake tube out of the dozens of kits installed...I'd hardly call that a "big issue" and some conspiracy on PC's part. A few people think it's prudent to point the finger at ProCharger when they haven't eliminated "installation error"...it's too easy to jump on the bandwagon.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the boostworks thread, another one posted up just yesterday. that's 3. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, if they start actually looking into these issues and validating or refuting them properly, then I won't say another word. I actually like the rest of their system quite a bit. But I would never trust a company that is in complete and utter denial about the possibility of a faulty part before even fully investigating the matter.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I saw the boostworks thread and they hardly came out looking like the good guys there. 3 issues out of many hundreds of kits...would you raise this much hell if it was Whipple or Roush?

As far as I've seen PC has not been in any denial...but the stats tell a hugely different picture than you're painting....3 failures out of hundreds, hardly seems like a full redesign is in order.

GHOSTRACER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I saw the boostworks thread and they hardly came out looking like the good guys there. 3 issues out of many hundreds of kits...would you raise this much hell if it was Whipple or Roush?

As far as I've seen PC has not been in any denial...but the stats tell a hugely different picture than you're painting....3 failures out of hundreds, hardly seems like a full redesign is in order.
I recall seeing one thread where it looked like it was either a initial issue elbow from PC, that they have subsequently went away from or it was not provided by PC. Regardless, this specific system was bought "second hand" so there is no telling what the real issue was.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
No problem with my elbow at all. Standard valve.

GHOSTRACER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Here are couple of pointers out of my build thread:
A couple of tips for anyone that is considering this kit:

- I was concerned with the radiator hose being pretty tight up against the fan housing after installing the hose adapter. This is actually alleviated further into the install with new radiator brackets that will pull the radiator fwd about a inch. I'd think that Procharger would have this as a note in the instructions.
- I mounted the horn to the inside of the spot that Procharger showed, much simpler to make the electrical connections.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I am one of these 3 people. Never thought it could happen to me since I don't have the red race valve and had the newer elbow. It was extremely hot that day and the few pulls I did while it was that hot made it happen. I had just installed a methanol kit on my car and was doing a few datalog pulls for Lund. Once I got home is when I noticed it. I am not raising hell about it. Just informing others of my experience and that I had no choice but to order the intake tube from boostworks. I could of told procharger about it, but they would of just sent me the same elbow if they replaced it and I already saw what happens to them when they are extremely hot. I hope no one else has this experience and I consider myself extremely lucky that it didn't take a huge chunk of elbow and ruin the impeller fins.
Sponsored