Sponsored

Thought's on Mustang 3.5TT?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The 3.5TT seems to be Ford's new top dog engine. It's the new Raptor engine and also features in the new GT. Before people knock it for sound, listen to the GT on u-tube. No problems there. Is it just a matter of time?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Not interested, personally, but... would be a great engine for this platform.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I said elsewhere a few weeks back... if they dropped the 3.5 GT Ecoboost into a Pony, I'd take one. Would be magnificent.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I said elsewhere a few weeks back... if they dropped the 3.5 GT Ecoboost into a Pony, I'd take one. Would be magnificent.
It's a no brainer really. Especially for the Euro market, to keep sales up. Imagine the tuning possibility's.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hmmm relatively low for a 3.5l TT. Question is whether it's got room for more boost and if so how much.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hmmm relatively low for a 3.5l TT. Question is whether it's got room for more boost and if so how much.
The GT has 660hp and 750nm, to go with that. So even in a milder form, say for Mustang, it could have 550 hp and 650nm.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Power is good then. Sound on you-tube isn't bad but IMHO it's not exciting, hard to get a good note with turbos.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
This engine has been out for some time. Sounds OK but no one can honestly say it sounds as good as a V8. Just watch any review of either the Raptor or the GT and they'll say the same thing.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Large part of my Mustang buying decision was for sound. If I didn't care about sound, woulda got EB; great looking car, but no iconic Mustang sound.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Large part of my Mustang buying decision was for sound. If I didn't care about sound, woulda got EB; great looking car, but no iconic Mustang sound.
Don't you have a stock exhaust?

There's not a lot of iconic sound there.

Has substantially improved with the active set up on the '18.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
The stock exhaust is rather low key... And is missing a good sound. It's why I'm replacing mine!

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
This engine has been out for some time. Sounds OK but no one can honestly say it sounds as good as a V8. Just watch any review of either the Raptor or the GT and they'll say the same thing.
Yea , the Raptor sounds like ass. But the GT is in different league for sound. It's all in the exhaust system.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Power is good then. Sound on you-tube isn't bad but IMHO it's not exciting, hard to get a good note with turbos.
Most Euro high end stuff is turbo these days and they are getting great sound out of them. Even the new Porsche Turbo's sound pretty much the same as as the N/A. They've worked around that myth these day's. Can't agree on the GT. Think it sounds great at full throttle.
Sponsored