Sponsored

Cold air intakes

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
All of that oil is making me twitch. K&N's and oiled filters are no good, they can foul up MAP/MAF sensors pretty quickly.
Sponsored

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
All of that oil is making me twitch. K&N's and oiled filters are no good, they can foul up MAP/MAF sensors pretty quickly.
I agree with you bud, I have nothing against K&N, I have used them many times but I tell you what, that oil gets stuck in the worst spots and can cause a lot of issues.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I had my car tuned, then tuned with K&N, then tuned with Blue power CAI.

The K&N I picked up ~2kw, the Blue power picked up ~11rwkw

Butt dyno felt no difference with the K&N, but it felt different with the Blue power.

IATs with the Blue power could get high in traffic, however give it some throttle and the IAT will decrease quickly.

Did I ever notice any powerloss on hot days? No

Did I feel like the car performed better on cold winter nights with a nice breeze? Yes

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Well its been about 400km since and all is good. One thing i wasn't expecting was better fuel economy. I have driven it exactly the same and gone from a constant 14.2 lt per hundred km no matter how i drove it to a consistent 12.8. The only thing that has changed in the air filter and box clean up.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
CAI mods

I've drilled plugs from the grill, replaced stock filter w/AEM & Airaid "tube'. It now is ready for the tuner stage. All of my previous mustangs got this same mod. I'll save the CAI money for the tuner purchase.

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
I have installed the K&N air filter and intake tube before coming south, just coming up to 4900km since I left home 4 weeks ago, ( many different driving conditions in that time) got another 1500km to get back home this week,
Checked inside the airbox and intake tube today, found NO evidence of oil residue what so ever so I don't have any issue using this filter, by the way fuel economy so far Ave 9.8L/100km :thumbsup:

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
"Happy New Year To All"

I have just purchased the Injen EVO9201 CAI....purchased online with xmas disc. and hope to have sometime this month and will be curious on what, if any, performance gains.
Looking at a Lund Tune though, later on in the year.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
"Happy New Year To All"

I have just purchased the Injen EVO9201 CAI....purchased online with xmas disc. and hope to have sometime this month and will be curious on what, if any, performance gains.
Congrats! Happy New Year as well!

Any link to where you bought it from?

Cheers

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Happy New Year as well! ��

Any link to where you bought it from?

Cheers
Yeh from fleabay but I got a xmas discount. They still have them with 5% off.

Just search for Injen EVO9201 and you should find. :cheers:

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
"Happy New Year To All"

Looks like a great unit. For those who have purchased the CAI did you notice any performance gains? Did it affect the engine sound? Are you happy with it?

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Looks like a great unit. For those who have purchased the CAI did you notice any performance gains? Did it affect the engine sound? Are you happy with it?
Hi Jared re the Injen EVO cold air intake. We distribute Injen in Australia. The air intake temp on these runs cooler than any of the open pod designs. There is no tune required when doing the install and no CEL. The design of the Injen Filter is a unique Nano filtration material that traps more particles and will allow more air to pass than other materials used.
There is also a section within the inlet tube that you can remove should you decide on doing a tune down the track.
One thing to note with some of the CAI HP figures quoted out there is that when most of them are on the chassis dynos its with the bonnet open ie minimal hot air under the hood.
In real world conditions the bonnet is closed and as we all know the underhood temps rise dramatically. Your open Pod style filters especially those with a metal section will attract substantially more heat soak in real world conditions and run much much hotter air inlet temps which will in turn give you less power gains than advertised. The guys that engineer products at Injen Technology have all come from other filter companies and this is also why they have so many patents on their products. All of the Injen products are dynoed in real world conditions and are designed to perform as stated. Injen is the way to go. If you would like to call me my number is 03 9553 6915 or visit https://www.americanspeed.com.au If you are ever visiting Vic you are welcome to call in, we are in Moorabbin Vic.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:) "Yes" is the answer.
Hard to pick performance improvement without a Dyno but there is a noticeable improved throttle response and also improved exhaust note. Not really sure that inlet temps have changed though. The Injen under the bonnet "takes the cake" in looks though. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored