Insurance for the mustang

mnotting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red Manual
Guys my 2017 GT manual is insured for only $693 and is my daily driver. I am 56, rating 1 for life, driver must be over 40 and $700 excess. I went with Budgetdirect. The insurance is cheaper than my 2013 VW Passat ($850). I have several policies with them so get a discount. Seems to be way lower than everybody else. I live in Brisbane south side and park in the driveway. Other quotes I got were around the $1100 mark. I was pleasantly surprised with the premium so I took it.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Budgetdirect.
Yep Budget Direct seem to be insuring them way cheaper then anyone else, AAMI who I had my old car with was $1400 and Coles insurance $2200.

Budget was $760.

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Yep Budget Direct seem to be insuring them way cheaper then anyone else,.

Budget was $760.
It will be interesting when someone has to claim from them. Especially if the car is written off or stolen. I hope all goes well with the unfortunate guinea pig. I do not know of anyone who has had to go through the claim process with them. My son had a no fault claim with them and it went well, a few years ago.
I am also insured with Budget Direct $750 including Windscreen, 59 yo, no infringements or accidents.
Has anyone had a major claim through Budget Direct and would like to share their experience?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
My girlfriend rearended another car in 2015, was at fault, her car was towed, assessed as a write off and she had the payout within a week with zero hassle. The other driver claimed on her insurance and had no issue to our knowledge.

No idea when you're claiming not at fault though, or if the other driver disputes or such, but she had a great experience with budget for insurance.

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
$1675 per year with a $2k excess through NRMA - the joys of living near Bankstown :doh:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my second renewal from NRMA.

They have slashed 9K off the agreed value (was $68200 now $59200) whilst increasing the annual premium by around $250.

It's also an additional $150 a year now to choose your own repairer.

Thanks Salim.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Well Coles costs me 590.00 PA with 600 excess

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Guys do yourselves a favour and look up Famous Insurance. They cover any modification (whether it's engineered or not), given my long list, this was a real concern for me in the event of a claim.

I actually saved $300 a year and $250 off my excess from switching off NRMA (with a 12.5% multi policy discount) so it was all round winning! Even includes free windscreen and 14 day hire car.
Just spoke to Famous as NRMA aren't keen on the S/C addition.
With body kit, wheels, suspension and s/c I'm at just over 90K spend on a 2017 GT FB with 22,000 klm on the clock.
Famous tops out at $80K for cover - will let you know when they send me the quote.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just spoke to Famous as NRMA aren't keen on the S/C addition.
With body kit, wheels, suspension and s/c I'm at just over 90K spend on a 2017 GT FB with 22,000 klm on the clock.
Famous tops out at $80K for cover - will let you know when they send me the quote.
yeah good luck. Im in about the same as you and they would only go to 75, just sent me renewal and dropped down to 72. They didn't seem interested in valuing the additional mods much. I've got some more mods to go so once they are installed ill be having a very serious conversation with them about valuing the car appropriately
Sponsored