i REALLY hope the middle of the bumper isn't black.... can't stand that
with that said... daddy want
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Think evolution vs revolution in terms of aesthetics.
Evolution is the actual word I've heard referencing this version of the S550 platform.

Spy photos are always to be taken with a grain of salt. Regardless, my thoughts.

- I didn't want to see a luxobarge version but the photos appear to depict that version. Note the seats are not from Recaro but rather the cushy, prandpa version. Makes the case that there will be an R/KR/Track Package variant all the more likely.

- The wheels look to be similar to those of the CGI car we saw. They look to be cast and not fiber. The hub are of the wheel doesn't have the depth of the GT350 R wheels, for example. There has to be a more exotic wheel which again, bolsters the case for a more track worthy version of this car.

- No wing. It's an incomplete test car. Nothing to read into here.

- Ford is hiding something on the fenders. Word round the campfire is that Ford has a vent over the wheel arch (not raised external louvers like some early spy photos) that is very similar to that of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. There is supposed to still be something at the rear of the wheel arch ala the GT350 but I'm not certain if it will remain functional.

- The brake rotors aren't cross-drilled. A brake engineer at Ford hinted to me over a year ago that you may not see that done to the GT500 rotors as the non-drilled rotors performed just as well with less potential for crack propagation originating from a hole in the rotor face. The spy photo we saw of a GT500 rotor showed slots...again, that may be reserved for a track version of the car or we may not see them at all.

- Key in the brake package which looks to be very similar to the GT350 up front (caliper body and rotor diameter is even bigger here) is that of the aluminum front knuckles. They support a wheel hub that is much more robust than the one used on other S550 variants that use an iron spindle.

- The coolers in the front fascia corners have a different fin arrangement than the ones used on the GT350. What ends being used will no doubt need to be extremely efficient removing heat from it's respective system. Looks like a large intercooler, similar to the S197 GT500, sits beneath the bumper beam, and centered up front. It'll be interesting to see if any fans end up behind it or not.

- While the exhaust tips do look to be rather large, they most likely neck down between them and the muffler. Big question is whether they will be dual mode or not. Logic points to yes.

- Badging. The gigantic snake on the rear of the CGI car looks to have been resized. Again, this means nothing until the final version is out but personally, I'd prefer a bit of restraint here. I'm already planning on removing the front snake and am not to thrilled that I see some mirrored support in place in what looks to be behind the front grill that would have to be trimmed as well.

- The GT350 has a tiny area of the grille dedicated to the intake ducting to the throttle body. I pulled my own front end off when fabricating a hook and opened up an adjacent area of the grill to provide for more cool air. If you look closely you'll see it.

Looks like Ford took note.:D

z-M.jpg

TLDR - this is the mundane version of the upcoming GT500. The beast has yet to be shown.

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Just for comparison sake.....
The fender intakes are obscured, but they are there. Sadly no GT4 style hood like I hoped. Could be reserved for the R or KR, who knows.
2020-GT500-Ford-Mustang1.jpg
SilverGT500finalclean.jpg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
I don’t think some of you are seeing how well this camo is working at hiding everything. The only thing I can’t tell is the fender vents. Could be that’s reserved for the top model, but this car is looking wide and nasty.

Camo is working so well you missed the covers over the area where the gills will be revealed.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
I absolutely don't see it? What is going to make this so special? There is nothing in those pictures that makes me regret not waiting on this car so far! I mean where's the beef! I can't be the only one that thinks it's going to look to much like your garden variety Mustang! They could have at least widen the track or something seeing it's taken several years to release. Any way maybe that wrap is just really really damn good at hiding what is under it!!
Agree, after the tires especially on the PP2, where do you go from there.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Looks.like my car now lol but that is just a tester car

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
- Ford is hiding something on the fenders. Word round the campfire is that Ford has a vent over the wheel arch (not raised external louvers like some early spy photos) that is very similar to that of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
Those were actually caught in one spy picture some time ago.

Sponsored

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Mind bogling to me that they didn’t use the new headlight design, although there is a fair bit of sexiness going on in the rear. I’m fairly certain this cars performance will not dissappint. Like others have said doesn’t appear to be as striking as the gt350 but sometimes less is more.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those were actually caught in one spy picture some time ago.
Look at what you quoted and read what is in parenthesis.

Like others have said doesn’t appear to be as striking as the gt350 but sometimes less is more.
The spy photos are of the mild version of the upcoming GT500...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a different rear caliper too and a separate parking brake out back...

attachment.jpg