Sponsored

Anyone else like the '18 Orange Fury??

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Not looking for a GT mind you..I knew what I was getting with my '17 V6 when I bought it new only a few months ago. Driving by the dealer where I got my car, I noticed they had two orange Mustangs on the lot.

I had never seen the new Orange Fury color in person - or on the road for that matter. One is a EB Premium. The other?

Of course it's a bare bones base GT with PP and 6 speed. And I can't believe it but I REALLY like the color.

I've never really liked Orange on a car (I kind of like the Sunset Orange Metallic GM had for a few years) but the color is different. It's almost like it changes color depending on how you look at it, angle, lighting etc.

So the salesman I dealt with just happens to walk out while I'm looking at it - he was helping a couple with a F150. Notices my car parked there and we talked Mustangs after he was done. (He is younger and personally drives a GT350).

So MSRP on the '18 PP Orange Fury is a tick over $40K.

He tells me - if you like the car we can do a deal. Before I can even respond, he offers me $500 less than I owe on my car in trade. I joke and say "I just put the SVE 350 wheels / tires on and I don't like staggered, you'd have to let me switch out wheels / tires."

He responds - "No problem at all."

Then proceeds to offer me the '18 at $34K before TTL.

He kept trying to get me to drive it. Nope. I'd be on here asking "What's the best replacement axles" before Spring was over.

I did tell him that I'd come see him when it's still in the lot in a few months - since it's Orange and it's not a popular color.

He laughs. Then says "I don't know what it is, but I never liked orange either until seeing this color with the black wheels."

So anyone else? I really like the color. I am really shocked I liked it in person. I wonder how many tickets I'd have with a Orange GT? I haven't had a ticket in 20 years and I do not drive slow. Of course I've never had a fast Red / Orange / Yellow car either..LOL.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Not looking for a GT mind you..I knew what I was getting with my '17 V6 when I bought it new only a few months ago. Driving by the dealer where I got my car, I noticed they had two orange Mustangs on the lot.

I had never seen the new Orange Fury color in person - or on the road for that matter. One is a EB Premium. The other?

Of course it's a bare bones base GT with PP and 6 speed. And I can't believe it but I REALLY like the color.

I've never really liked Orange on a car (I kind of like the Sunset Orange Metallic GM had for a few years) but the color is different. It's almost like it changes color depending on how you look at it, angle, lighting etc.

So the salesman I dealt with just happens to walk out while I'm looking at it - he was helping a couple with a F150. Notices my car parked there and we talked Mustangs after he was done. (He is younger and personally drives a GT350).

So MSRP on the '18 PP Orange Fury is a tick over $40K.

He tells me - if you like the car we can do a deal. Before I can even respond, he offers me $500 less than I owe on my car in trade. I joke and say "I just put the SVE 350 wheels / tires on and I don't like staggered, you'd have to let me switch out wheels / tires."

He responds - "No problem at all."

Then proceeds to offer me the '18 at $34K before TTL.

He kept trying to get me to drive it. Nope. I'd be on here asking "What's the best replacement axles" before Spring was over.

I did tell him that I'd come see him when it's still in the lot in a few months - since it's Orange and it's not a popular color.

He laughs. Then says "I don't know what it is, but I never liked orange either until seeing this color with the black wheels."

So anyone else? I really like the color. I am really shocked I liked it in person. I wonder how many tickets I'd have with a Orange GT? I haven't had a ticket in 20 years and I do not drive slow. Of course I've never had a fast Red / Orange / Yellow car either..LOL.
I'm a bit opposite. I have historically liked Orange cars but this one hasn't grabbed me. Maybe it will grow on me, but just not yet.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I finally saw one today at a dealer. It's an eyeball scorcher for certain. Cool color but I don't think I could live with it everyday.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I finally saw one today at a dealer. It's an eyeball scorcher for certain. Cool color but I don't think I could live with it everyday.
I could live with it - just wondering if I'd have to buy a beater just so EVERYONE I knew wouldn't be texting me "Hey I just saw you drive by at ....."

Sponsored

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
I like orange, but there aren't too many orange cars out there these days so it will definitely attract attention.

One of the best colors Ford ever put on a Mustang was Calypso Coral (aka Competition Orange). I need to see in person how this orange stacks up.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
As an orange fan and one who loves the crazy colors OF is really nice. If I had to complain it is a bit too light but I would still get it over any color outside of the 2019 SG. In VA though maybe not so much :D

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
I haven't seen it in person but it would be my last choice. I was looking at it in the other thread gt pp vs ss1le, and now I think the camaro even looks better then an orange gt.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I love it, but I would like to see a darker burnt orange metallic like the Corvettes had in '10. If I had to replace mine, OF would be tops on the list.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I love the way it looks, I've said a few times I'm not sure if I would have stuck with Lightning Blue if there was an Orange Fury on the lot with it. Haven't seen one in person yet though.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's no competition orange that's for sure... i personally don't like it at all...it's like a sparkly school bus that hit a pumpkin...more yellow than orange....

like I said. it's no competition orange... the focus's tangerine scream would have been better imo

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I saw a GT350 in that color and thought it looked good.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not into t. I like old grabber orange from the 60's on Camaros. It's almost red.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I love it, but I would like to see a darker burnt orange metallic like the Corvettes had in '10. If I had to replace mine, OF would be tops on the list.
I also was hoping for more of a burnt orange. I was hoping that when I saw it in person it would look a little different than the pictures, but it's definitely creamsicle orange.

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I like it. I’ve got an Orange Fury Ecoboost Premium PP on order. :)
Sponsored