PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
I can't believe the price on this. 50k is just nuts. One can get a slightly used gt350 for under 50k. I just don't see any reason to buy this car. What a shame. Ford dropped the ball on this.
You think about it though, Chevy just made the 1LE option available on the Camaro 2SS with the 2018 model. The MSRP on a 2SS 1LE starts at $50K as well. So that makes the GT PP2 and 2SS 1LE just about the same price.

Either car is a bargain, considering the level of performance and features, IMO.
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
watched the comparison last night. 1le killed the pp1 on the road, and on the track unfortunately. pp1 won handily in sound, top speed, fit and finish, and they loved the engine dynamics.

likely due to soft magnaride programing, poor steering logic, and lighter springs and sway bars.

The PP1 was pitching into every corner, body roll was bad, and it didn't look balanced or tuned at all for the track. They didnt even like the car much for the twisty road they were on.

it looked like a repeat of the old 1le vs track pack comparison.

Randy pobst put up a posy on instagram about the test on November 20th. That test has been done for a while, just not released. He said "On track, not so close. On the street, it is"

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
If you are going to spend $50K on a lower production car you might want to look over 200 miles. Of course there are no deals in New England right now... it's the middle of winter. Anyone selling takes a hit, and very few people are looking right now in our area. Wait til spring or go for a longer drive, ship it, etc. they are out there. Of course you are going to pay a premium for the track pack.

Also don't believe the filters on most auto search sites, you wanna miss a track pack car because someone didn't check the right box when they made the ad? Do some digging and I bet you'll be rewarded
I could expand my search but it makes it much harder to have the car inspected by a trusted shop and the logistics of buying and transporting and taxes get much more complicated because I have a trade in. With the trade in tax exemption I have to trade in my C7 or I lose thousands of dollars in taxes.

With these types of cars you have to have a very good inspection done which likely include CPU scan to ensure the car was not modified which can result in warranty denial. With all the flooding in various regions you also have to look for signs of a car that was affected by a flood.

Unfortnately you can't really trust dealers or private sellers to be honest.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yall crazy to buy that over a used 350 lol

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
I could expand my search but it makes it much harder to have the car inspected by a trusted shop and the logistics of buying and transporting and taxes get much more complicated because I have a trade in. With the trade in tax exemption I have to trade in my C7 or I lose thousands of dollars in taxes.

With these types of cars you have to have a very good inspection done which likely include CPU scan to ensure the car was not modified which can result in warranty denial. With all the flooding in various regions you also have to look for signs of a car that was affected by a flood.

Unfortnately you can't really trust dealers or private sellers to be honest.
Nobody said it would be easy, I think the juice is worth the squeeze but I can't make that call for you. Sounds like you are willing to keep it close and pay several thousand more to not lose several thousand in taxes... hassles either way you go. Hope you find one worth pulling the trigger :cheers:

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
50K for a GT... Track monster?? I laugh. Once you swap out everything that makes it a PP2 over a base GT...then it might be a track monster.
The problem is they load these cars up. GT with 301A, PP1, and nothing else will street for $38K or so after discounts.

GT Premium with PP1 and Magride is $41-42K after discounts.

Some dealers like Koons are even more aggressive on pricing. If you are paying $50K street price you are either getting ripped off or adding every option under the sun.

I see big discounts on leftover (2017) Camaro SS and 2SS models within 200 miles of me (especially if you already own a Chevy there is a big loyalty discount). Did not find any leftover 1LE's. 2018 Camaros don't have very big discoiunts and 1LE's seem discounted the least.

GM has been strange with incentives on Camaro lately. Even though sales are down, I am not seeing the huge savings unless you can find a leftover 17 that has what you want.

Sorry this is a PP2 thread. I would think you could get a PP2 Permium for mid $40K range after discounts. That's pretty much inline with 1LE prices as well.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The problem is they load these cars up. GT with 301A, PP1, and nothing else will street for $38K or so after discounts.

GT Premium with PP1 and Magride is $41-42K after discounts.

Some dealers like Koons are even more aggressive on pricing. If you are paying $50K street price you are either getting ripped off or adding every option under the sun.

I see big discounts on leftover (2017) Camaro SS and 2SS models within 200 miles of me (especially if you already own a Chevy there is a big loyalty discount). Did not find any leftover 1LE's. 2018 Camaros don't have very big discoiunts and 1LE's seem discounted the least.

GM has been strange with incentives on Camaro lately. Even though sales are down, I am not seeing the huge savings unless you can find a leftover 17 that has what you want.

Sorry this is a PP2 thread. I would think you could get a PP2 Permium for mid $40K range after discounts. That's pretty much inline with 1LE prices as well.
I agree with that.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
More pics HERE from @mvfjet.

If that’s the case, that would make the PP2 cheaper to get then the PP1 equally equipped.:cheers:
Yeah, very close. It all boils down to what options/features are slightly more important to you. Example: 301A, PP1, nav, 647 wheels, active exhaust = MSRP $44,475. While 301A, PP2, Recaro seats = MSRP $44,495.

Last edited:

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
No:crazy:[/QUOTe:]

So its 46k base MSRP. And the track pack was 56K. I think the track pack is a better value TBH.
Where do you get 46? It's more like 44k base price. Coolers do not cost 12K. For that price you can have a lot of handling mods, headers, tune and coolers with cash left over.

You can get a 401A PP2 for under 48K.

Really, until we get someone to test a PP2 vs a GT350 same track/day we won't have any idea which is the better "value".

Reactions: 113

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Where do you get 46? It's more like 44k base price. Coolers do not cost 12K. For that price you can have a lot of handling mods, headers, tune and coolers with cash left over.

Really, until we get someone to test a PP2 vs a GT350 same track/day we won't have any idea which is the better "value".
Base PP2 with active exhaust is $45,390 and no Recaro seats. Premium PP2 with Recaro seats is $51,185
BaseGT350 is $58,000 and with elec package at $61,000. So the GT350 is $13,000 more in base form, and $10000 more in premium form.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Per the post above its 10K difference I am comparing a 2016 track not a 2018.

That gets you oil/tranny/diff coolers, a better tranny, 50hp, and more aluminum bits, areo, and a car with a warranty

YMMV on which one you perfer the looks of.

Id lean to the GT350 because it to me looks much better.
Sponsored