Sponsored

If you’ve had your headers replaced under warranty...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
How did the process go?

Did you have to pay return shipping? Did the manufacturer contribute to labor costs?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Disclaimer - I didn't actually had this done, but...

There shouldn't be any shipping for something like this. You basically take in your car to a dealer, and if they approve the work then you just leave it there and then come back X days later to pick up a fixed vehicle.

What happens in between is not something you have to worry about, the manufacturer pays for all the parts (including the shipping to the dealer) and also all of the labor. You should ideally walk out with a fixed car and not spend a cent out of pocket (if it's a legit warranty claim).

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Disclaimer - I didn't actually had this done, but...

There shouldn't be any shipping for something like this. You basically take in your car to a dealer, and if they approve the work then you just leave it there and then come back X days later to pick up a fixed vehicle.

What happens in between is not something you have to worry about, the manufacturer pays for all the parts (including the shipping to the dealer) and also all of the labor. You should ideally walk out with a fixed car and not spend a cent out of pocket (if it's a legit warranty claim).
i think he means aftermarket headers. they may or may not cover shipping they would not cover labor most likely

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
LOL. Yes, aftermarket headers

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
was it the leak issues?

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ah oops lol, my bad.

I would imagine a good company would help with shipping costs, especially if it's a defect from their end. But as far as covering labor costs, that is 100% on the user. I have never heard of any aftermarket part (not just headers) be replaced by the manufacturer but also paying for labor.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
was it the leak issues?
Yeah brutha. Both gaskets and two primary flange welds failed. I’ll post about my experience

Ah oops lol, my bad.

I would imagine a good company would help with shipping costs, especially if it's a defect from their end. But as far as covering labor costs, that is 100% on the user. I have never heard of any aftermarket part (not just headers) be replaced by the manufacturer but also paying for labor.
Yeah. Agreed. But I would expect a reputable company to cover shipping both ways, especially if their product failed in two critical areas

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If that happened, best believe they'll be expected by me to pay return shipping. But... doesn't mean they will. Most companies do not pay warranty return shipping.
Sponsored