Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
We will all feel better once we can actually lay our eyes on this thing! All the speculation is driving me nuts. Even if the would dribble out some more teaser stuff would help. Some one said that Dodge made the Demon release fun, they are correct. This is just painful. I think once the teaser trailer dropped they should have been ready to follow that up with at least some actual real information on the car. It's not good marketing to just keep your customers pissed off and in the dark!! Hello Ford! You got people setting here wanting/willing to drop 75-100k on your product show a little understanding get with it!!
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
instead of concentrating on this, i should go shopping to stock up on Depends, so when it finally comes in, i don't have to stop every 15 minutes, I can enjoy it.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I realize it takes time, I'm just hoping ford gets these out the door and doesn't get sales taken away from it because of the ME Vette. It should be in the same price range to start. I realize its different strokes for different folks but the vettes performance is going to be outstanding and the price will be similar. Fords my team, hate so see them take one in the nuts.
ME Vette AND the next Z/28. No doubts the GT500 will be awesome, but I also have no doubt it'll be overshadowed by those two cars.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
We’ll see... but my prediction is a 2019MY GT350 arriving a few months earlier than the GT500. Maybe it’s a mid cycle action for the GT350 so it can co-exist with the GT500 for a couple of years or maybe just minimal changes (let’s say an additional trim/package) for it to live one more year.

Let’s see what the future have to us.
I put the chances at about 1% based on what Ford themselves have said...now from a different view if it does live on that will just kill ADM on both cars. Dealers themselves would probably say no because they couldn't move them.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We will all feel better once we can actually lay our eyes on this thing! All the speculation is driving me nuts. Even if the would dribble out some more teaser stuff would help. Some one said that Dodge made the Demon release fun, they are correct. This is just painful. I think once the teaser trailer dropped they should have been ready to follow that up with at least some actual real information on the car. It's not good marketing to just keep your customers pissed off and in the dark!! Hello Ford! You got people setting here wanting/willing to drop 75-100k on your product show a little understanding get with it!!
Agreed. The only good thing to come out of the announcement is we finally have confirmation the GT500 is coming.

With the Demon, the teaser videos lasted what, two weeks? Then BAMN! The car was revealed with all the specs.

We get one CGI video and a 12 month wait. I love Ford, but :frusty:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agreed. The only good thing to come out of the announcement is we finally have confirmation the GT500 is coming.

With the Demon, the teaser videos lasted what, two weeks? Then BAMN! The car was revealed with all the specs.

We get one CGI video and a 12 month wait. I love Ford, but :frusty:
we have a long long wait for this car. 1.5 more YEARS till anyone takes possession. Most won't see them for over 2.5 years.
that's a long time. I was 44 when they started working on this car and I'll probably be 50 before ones in the garage (if I get it) the prime midlife crisis years will have passed me by then.
I suppose it will be quite a while before anything good is teased

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
At this rate I am tempted to go get something available now to "hold me over "lol.
An 18 GT /10 speed /magnaride/active exhaust /gen 5 whipple .a.ka "baby GT 500" might do till I can get the real thing .:cheers:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
New motor /New transmission,guaranteed mid 10 second passes and close to OEM.Might be a fun wait .

I was going to call it " a poor man's" GT 500 but not at $50k just for the car !:frusty:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
At this rate I am tempted to go get something available now to "hold me over "lol.
An 18 GT /10 speed /magnaride/active exhaust /gen 5 whipple .a.ka "baby GT 500" might do till I can get the real thing .:cheers:
That'll be faster in a straight line than the 500, no question. Won't be a 'complete' car like the 500 though.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sure it won't be as " complete" a car but should make the wait a lot more fun .

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That'll be faster in a straight line than the 500, no question. Won't be a 'complete' car like the 500 though.
I'm thinking the GT500 still sees mid 10s. might take a set of DRs tho.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
I'm thinking the GT500 still sees mid 10s. might take a set of DRs tho.
It definitely will. The previous GT500 wouldn't let you use full throttle until partially into 3rd gear, otherwise, the tires would go up in smoke. And that was with upgraded rubber too. Unless they've done some sort of suspension magic and put some wider tires on there, I don't see how a car with even more power would fare much better.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It definitely will. The previous GT500 wouldn't let you use full throttle until partially into 3rd gear, otherwise, the tires would go up in smoke. And that was with upgraded rubber too. Unless they've done some sort of suspension magic and put some wider tires on there, I don't see how a car with even more power would fare much better.
Totally different platform, and a Dct is going to make a huge difference. Not too mention we know it’ll have wider tires and likely come with MPSC2 tires that have shown they can cut 1.6-1.7 60 ft times. I’ll bet we see mid 10’s on stock tires.