What's your worst ticket?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
was doing 120 in a 65 but had let off. coming up on some cars at night so i was still slowing down. basically rolled up on a highway patrol car in the slow lane. once i realized what it was i pulled into slow lane, he pulled off on shoulder and got back on behind me. i pulled over before he even lit me up. long story short he found out i was a nurse and wrote me up for 95 in 65 when he told me he had me at 110. apparently in NV over 100 is a felony so ill take the 95. ended up only being like $400. i got written for 65 in a 45 years ago and it was like $500 so the 400 was a nice surprise
Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Worst BS ticket - On I-30 in Rockwall TX there is an exit off the hwy that provides access to several restaurants and a strip center of stores. They painted the double white "don't cross" line off the exit frontage road an extra 100 yards so that if you exited off of the interstate and entered the entrance to the restaurants and shops, you had to clip the end of the double white line and cross it. I got a ticket for doing just that. A year or two later, public outcry at a city council meeting got the end of the double white line removed.

Best ticket story was a friend of mine back in high school about 1973 or so. He had a modded '69 Chevelle SS 396 that was fast as the wind. On an old country two lane highway he had it topped off, 120-130 mph or so. As he crested over the flat part to a downslope he saw a cop stationed under a railroad bridge at the bottom of the hill. He locked brakes, smoking tires all the way down to 55mph and smiled innocently at the cop as he passed by. The cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket for "75mph sideways".

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
My worst ticket was going 60 in a 55. I had my cruise set at a "safe" speed and everyone was zooming by me. Then everyone suddenly slows below the speed limit. I foolishly left my cruise on and drove past the highway patrol at 5 over.

I didn't try to get out of it because I was guilty of speeding. I was really upset about being pulled over when I really had been much closer to the speed limit than everyone else on the road, though. I'm always polite to the police and pull over right away. I guess this guy didn't like me, didn't like the Mustang, had to meet a quota.. I really don't know.
There's s Paul Harvey somewhere, radar detector, something, you got piss a trooper pretty bad to get wrote for five over.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Worst BS ticket - On I-30 in Rockwall TX there is an exit off the hwy that provides access to several restaurants and a strip center of stores. They painted the double white "don't cross" line off the exit frontage road an extra 100 yards so that if you exited off of the interstate and entered the entrance to the restaurants and shops, you had to clip the end of the double white line and cross it. I got a ticket for doing just that. A year or two later, public outcry at a city council meeting got the end of the double white line removed.
I live in that neck of the woods. Who pulled you over, a trooper or a local?

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Worst / most ridiculous was 35 in a 30 way back in HS. In my parent's neighborhood coasting down a hill about 2 blocks from my house. I've driven down that road probably a couple thousand times over the past 25 years my parents have lived in that neighborhood - never once have I ever seen a cop sitting at that spot except that 1 day. She wasn't having any excuses either - wrote me up right away and was MEAN!

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I live in that neck of the woods. Who pulled you over, a trooper or a local?
It was a local. That was a long time ago - if I had to guess, around 1993. I was trying to pull into the parking lot at El Chico's from eastbound I-30 right after crossing the Lake Ray Hubbard bridge.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
in 2011? I had a 2010 mustang GT track pack. In three months my insurance went from 120 a month to 489! (car had to go lol)

I literally got 4 moving violations and 4 fix it tickets in about 3 months. I was 25? Yeah good times, one point away from losing my license. I actually got a ticket after that, but learned my own way of beating the system. I grabbed a boring mada 3 hatchback 2.5l (not turbo) and drove it for 4 years until i thought i was adult enough to not ruin my life with a fun car lmao

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
In 1989, I was 19, and I got 95 in a 55, 57 in a 35, same "excursion." It would have been higher on the first one, but that poor ole 302 was all taxed out with the short gear and short tires.
I led the police on a high speed pursuit and those were the two he gave me. Said he could have given me 7 more. I lost my license for 90 days for "excessive speeding".

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
In 1989, I was 19, and I got 95 in a 55, 57 in a 35, same "excursion." It would have been higher on the first one, but that poor ole 302 was all taxed out with the short gear and short tires.
I led the police on a high speed pursuit and those were the two he gave me. Said he could have given me 7 more. I lost my license for 90 days for "excessive speeding".
That was almost the era when police chases were fun and games. I was born a little too late for that but my Dad used to routinely run from the cops back in the early 60's. They all knew his car and would roll up to my grandparents house and ask if when they see him he could not do high speed runs on Old Cemetery road because Mrs Ashford has an outside cat she didn't want run over.

Ah the good ole days.

Seesnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium
Driving through the middle of Illinois (I-72) one afternoon, talking to my wife on my cell phone. Maybe running 75-80mph in a 70mph zone, I had my doors blown off by a GT Mustang who I estimate was going 120mph+. A few seconds later I see a state trooper in the oncoming lanes, who promptly slams on his brakes and turns quickly into the median to flip-flop and get him some GT. I watched in my rearview mirror as he got stuck in the median for maybe 15-20 seconds before pulling out and giving chase. As he accelerated and passed me in hot pursuit, he quickly slowed down, pulled in behind me, and lit me up. Talking on my phone without a hands-free device: $140 fine. :mad::mad::mad:

On the remaining two hours that I spent crossing the rest of Illinois, I counted 14 people talking on their no-hands-free cell phones....

Sponsored

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
That was almost the era when police chases were fun and games. I was born a little too late for that but my Dad used to routinely run from the cops back in the early 60's. They all knew his car and would roll up to my grandparents house and ask if when they see him he could not do high speed runs on Old Cemetery road because Mrs Ashford has an outside cat she didn't want run over.

Ah the good ole days.

That wasnt my first excursion running from them. :D

My main problem this particular time was, I went to a small school and I was in my home town, and EVERYONE knew my car. He got a good look at it before we began, so he knew exactly who he was chasing. Even if I would have gotten away, he knew who it was and I was screwed either way. I was probably a good half mile a head of him when I stopped. I was far enough out front, I had time to shut it off, get out of the car, and plop my butt up on the hood and wait for him to get there. :lol:
He was not amused.

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
The worst offense I had was in VA doing 80-something in a 70...which in and of itself is not that big of a deal, except that in VA anything over 80 is grounds for an immediate license suspension. On top of that, I was in a "Safety Corridor". The Trooper did give me a break and cited me for failure to obey a traffic sign, instead of speeding. I did not fight it.

As far as most expensive ticket, that would be 89 in an 80 zone in Idaho, still not that big of a deal but I have to say...that Trooper was like talking to my dad when I was a teenager...lol.

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
Back in 2009, I got stopped driving northbound just south of Sheffield, Texas for doing 61 in a 60... yes, one mile over. Officer asked where I was going "in such a hurry". He then basically asked if I was running drugs out of Mexico. Yeah, sure, in a Subaru Forester with Nebraska plates.

I was actually on a quest to visit every one of Texas' 254 counties, and had detoured south to pick up Terrell County, which does border Mexico... so when I showed him my map of unvisited counties with the route drawn out in orange highlighter his demeanor completely changed. He started asking me "Hey, have you ever been to Val Verde County?" and a few others. All I got was a warning write-up.

Knock on wood, I've never been stopped in either of my Mustangs.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Back in 2009, I got stopped driving northbound just south of Sheffield, Texas for doing 61 in a 60... yes, one mile over. Officer asked where I was going "in such a hurry". He then basically asked if I was running drugs out of Mexico. Yeah, sure, in a Subaru Forester with Nebraska plates.

I was actually on a quest to visit every one of Texas' 254 counties, and had detoured south to pick up Terrell County, which does border Mexico... so when I showed him my map of unvisited counties with the route drawn out in orange highlighter his demeanor completely changed. He started asking me "Hey, have you ever been to Val Verde County?" and a few others. All I got was a warning write-up.

Knock on wood, I've never been stopped in either of my Mustangs.
You reminded me of a stop in '67. I was driving thru Oklahoma around 2 AM on a Sunday. State trooper pulled me over. He said the reason was my car matched the description of a bank robbery get away car. Now I was driving a Corvair with every panel painted a different color and AZ plates. Not to mention no bank had been open for 33 hours. I guess if you get bored enough and are miles from any civilization, you'll make any excuse just to hear another human voice.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've gotten a bunch of tickets over the years.

Had my license suspended when I have my focus (not even an RS). Once on my bike on Skyline Drive I passed a cop going the other direction doing about 65. Right when I got to the next corner I see his lights go on so I take off easily hitting triple digits. No way anyone in a car was going to catch me on those twisties. It was only a few miles until the next exit. SUV was waiting for me about a mile before the exit and pulled out blocking the road. The first cop caught up after a while and was pissed off.

He accused me of running which I denied. Told him my bike just handled the corners a little better. Ended up with 2 tickets. I just paid them and never got any points. Didn't want to try my luck in Federal traffic court. The next day I got a ticket on i66 headed into work got me at 93 in a 55. I was on my bike but I had my 3 piece suit on and after chatting he ended up bringing it down to a 79 so I wouldn't get a reckless.

A week later got 2 at once (again on my bike) for an ignoring highway signs and driving without a license (no Motorcycle endorsement, DMV didn't transfer it over when I moved back from Arizona)

A bunch of other tickets too. Good times.
Sponsored