Sponsored

Whipple gen 3 any dyno results yet?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Gee please tell me how winter works I live in North Dakota..... LOL !!

<<<<<<<< Says Wash DC because on active duty......
Then measure boost on 2 dyno runs, one at 45deg f and other at 90deg f and let me know whatcha get.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Check out palm beach, just dyno’d a 815rwhp gt350 with the gen 3. Standard kit. So ya, there gonna be all around.
Only thing all around is the randomness of what you guys claim.....

Gee 815whp from a GT350 hmmm Thats odd correct me if im wrong but GT350 isnt a coyote, and has wayyy better heads on it for starters.... Need I go on?

I mean I thought we settled that whole this vs that in the whipple gen3 threads but here you go be like

"but but but a GT350 just made over 800whp"

LOL!!

Sponsored

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
LOL waiting on all these badass pump gas 800whp cars..........
I know you are trying your best to get under WhippleSC's skin, but let me point out a few things.

1. NO supercharger manufacturer will guarantee a specific output for every vehicle. As always, YMMV. Whipple's web site says:

The Stage 2 Whipple System...makes up to 825 (+390hp) engine horsepower and 640 (+240ft/lb) foot pound of torque on 93 octane fuel

2. Assuming "engine horsepower" means crank horsepower, there will be some drivetrain loss. Anyone who has been modding cars for any period of time will know this fact. You can't expect 825 engine horsepower to fully translate to 825 wheel horsepower.

3. My automatic transmission will have more drivetrain loss than a manual.

4. I have no other "performance enhancing" mods other than Corsa catback. I have the standard size blower pulley and stock headers.

5. I did not expect to get 825 horsepower from simply bolting on a supercharger and no other modifications. That would be totally unrealistic. But I will happily take an 82% gain from stock. As mentioned in my previous post, I think there is some room for improvement in torque, but overall I am very pleased with the results.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Check out palm beach, just dyno’d a 815rwhp gt350 with the gen 3. Standard kit. So ya, there gonna be all around.
Link please .Did they do OPG's .

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I know you are trying your best to get under WhippleSC's skin, but let me point out a few things.

1. NO supercharger manufacturer will guarantee a specific output for every vehicle. As always, YMMV. Whipple's web site says:

The Stage 2 Whipple System...makes up to 825 (+390hp) engine horsepower and 640 (+240ft/lb) foot pound of torque on 93 octane fuel

2. Assuming "engine horsepower" means crank horsepower, there will be some drivetrain loss. Anyone who has been modding cars for any period of time will know this fact. You can't expect 825 engine horsepower to fully translate to 825 wheel horsepower.

3. My automatic transmission will have more drivetrain loss than a manual.

4. I have no other "performance enhancing" mods other than Corsa catback. I have the standard size blower pulley and stock headers.

5. I did not expect to get 825 horsepower from simply bolting on a supercharger and no other modifications. That would be totally unrealistic. But I will happily take an 82% gain from stock. As mentioned in my previous post, I think there is some room for improvement in torque, but overall I am very pleased with the results.
Did you do opg?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
These threads are funny.

All the non Whipple owners are skeptical of the numbers.

All the Whipple owners are pleased with the numbers with some even being pleasantly surprised.

No one has said they either upgraded or bought a gen3 and been disappointed.

I wonder how many people posting in these threads are:

1. Whipple supercharger owners.
2. Perspective Whipple supercharger owners.
3. Fanboys of another product.
4. Actually own a Prius

Before anyone flames me, I am not pointing the finger at an one person here. Just a generalization.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
These threads are funny.

All the Whipple owners are pleased with the numbers with some even being pleasantly surprised.

4. Actually own a Prius

Before anyone flames me, I am not pointing the finger at an one person here. Just a generalization.

Man I wish I had a Prius those things are fast!!!!

Will@Whipple

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
These threads are funny.

4. Actually own a Prius

At least we know the one driving the Prius in this thread :doh::lol:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Gearhead is referring to a different car that made 815 wheel power on 93 & 10lbs not crank power.
Still say the Gen 3 is bad ass regardless of the misdirection. But comparing a 350 #'s to a GT is even worse, come on guys.
Someone gets it geezus!! Thank god.

A vendor comparing GT350 numbers to coyote numbers is pretty comical.... they should know better.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
These threads are funny.

4. Actually own a Prius

I'll bite just to keep the crazy flying around here cause it's entertaining.
Not that it matters from a joeblow on the net lol I'm just sitting here now wiating on my tune to be emailed to me so killing some time.
I've owed a whipple on a 5th gen camaro, thinking of a whipple on my 18 Mustang, have a Paxton on my 17 Mustang now coming from a procharged C7 & still have 1200whp AGP camaro (that had a 2.9 Whipple on it maxed out 830whp). I will go on to say that Whipple don't have to hype or inflate these numbers to sell there products (which leaves me wondering why?). I'm a fan boy of Whipple or any thing that makes big power reliable & having 10+ years in being boosted, 12+ personal boosted vehicles & being around 1000's of different boosted set ups I can tell you from my experience there's some bs flying around on vendor numbers. 815 whp is to be expected from a 350gt they make 100+ over a GT on the same FI set-up I'm surprised it wasn't closer to 835 to be honest if most gt's are making 730 whp with a gen3.
There's a Gen 3 gt350 at the shop right now where my car is waiting to get on the dyno. I will post numbers it's on 93, it's 40 degrees out.
There's a Gen 3 16 GT right behind my car that should be finished by the end of the week I will post numbers. These are in closed dyno rooms bay door open so ambient air in here looking at the temps as I type this. As for reference on the 90 vs 40 degrees day post made, my car made 12 more whp from 87 degrees to 49 degrees that was adding 1 degree of timing on 93 same set up (not a whipple tho). I'm looking at the over lap right now Tuner is Ken B. PBD.
Sponsored