Sponsored

Anyone using Sai Li fuel system?

mustangmike86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
So does the regulator go on the feed side or return side?
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Technically the return side I guess. There's only one side to a stock rail, though. It deadheads in the stock rail. If you were to plumb in new rails, it'd go on the return side.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
** After some additional consideration, I’ve edited this post as it seemed the response was coming across as less than an informative experience and more of a slam towards a particular person I don’t personally know. It was never intended to be an attack on anyone. Sorry for the confusion it caused. **

Last edited:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
After trying to get answers and help from Sai via messenger to make my purchase decision - I wasn’t convinced that he had time to support new customers since I had to message him once a day for four days for a question I had and finally just asked if he was ignoring me or what. He just said he was busy and wasn’t ignoring me, which is fine for him but won’t work for me. That scenario could easily leave me up a creek during install and if there were problems. I’m sure his kit works fine but I called fore and they walked me through my questions in one call and I didn’t feel like I was a burden for having some questions before dropping more than a grand on a fuel system. Maybe Sai needs a helper - people seem happy with his stuff. I just decided Fore gave me more room to grow and had real time support in case something comes up. Good luck to new customers going the Sai Li route - I was a little concerned about the multiple stories I read about the leaking return line issue with the kit but everyone seemed to be able to use sealant or something to correct it from what I could see.

This is the most dramatic fuel system saga ever:lol:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
After trying to get answers and help from Sai via messenger to make my purchase decision - I wasn’t convinced that he had time to support new customers since I had to message him once a day for four days for a question I had and finally just asked if he was ignoring me or what. He just said he was busy and wasn’t ignoring me, which is fine for him but won’t work for me. That scenario could easily leave me up a creek during install and if there were problems. I’m sure his kit works fine but I called fore and they walked me through my questions in one call and I didn’t feel like I was a burden for having some questions before dropping more than a grand on a fuel system. Maybe Sai needs a helper - people seem happy with his stuff. I just decided Fore gave me more room to grow and had real time support in case something comes up. Good luck to new customers going the Sai Li route - I was a little concerned about the multiple stories I read about the leaking return line issue with the kit but everyone seemed to be able to use sealant or something to correct it from what I could see.
I'm sorry you feel this way. Sai is a great guy who makes really nice products but isn't always available to answer calls, messages and emails right away. However he does get back to everyone and supports what he sells with no issues.

I personally replied to you a few posts back when you asked if he was active here letting you know that we're a distributor for them and if there was anything I could help you with, but you never reached out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I personally replied to you a few posts back when you asked if he was active here letting you know that we're a distributor for them and if there was anything I could help you with, but you never reached out.
True story - I screwed up and had my notifications turned off. Thanks for reaching out from the vendor side.

I had already read the instruction sheet you had posted and reached out to Sai to clarify a couple questions I had. It’s not a life and death epic; it’s just what my experience has been. I’m sure Sai is a great guy and haven’t said anything to the contrary. I think his setup could have been a great deal I just couldn’t get a same day response the first couple attempts and the my last question I had to hit him up daily for four days. He’s busy, I’m busy. I get it. It just steered me to fore for what I ultimately desired for customer support. Nothing more, nothing less.

** After some additional consideration, I’ve edited the post as it seemed the response was coming across as less than an informative experience and more of a slam towards a particular person I don’t personally know. It was never intended to be an attack on anyone. Sorry for the confusion it caused. **

Last edited:

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Rick, at Fore, has been an awesome source of info, and encouraged me to call for anything at any time. Their customer service is the best in the industry, no question

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hey guys just an update on my g350 pump install.Everything is done now and I took the hand full of suggestions guys were giving me about running a boost reference.It made a huge difference,so much I might take the bap back off,my pcm is commanding less fuel now all the way to 7500 rpms.But here is the better part I was getting knock down low rpms at wot.Well turns out having 63 rail pressure at that low of an rpm and basically no boost was causing knock,it's gone now no knock and have more fuel if I want to pulley down in the future.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Hey guys just an update on my g350 pump install.Everything is done now and I took the hand full of suggestions guys were giving me about running a boost reference.It made a huge difference,so much I might take the bap back off,my pcm is commanding less fuel now all the way to 7500 rpms.But here is the better part I was getting knock down low rpms at wot.Well turns out having 63 rail pressure at that low of an rpm and basically no boost was causing knock,it's gone now no knock and have more fuel if I want to pulley down in the future.
That’s good news all around. I think that might be something I’m experiencing too so I’m glad your fix solved it. What’s your base fuel pressure now before boost reference?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That’s good news all around. I think that might be something I’m experiencing too so I’m glad your fix solved it. What’s your base fuel pressure now before boost reference?
With no vacuum line it's at 53,with vacuum attached and at idle 43psi,and with vaccum.attached and in full boost 67 psi.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Good shit brotha. I thought that might be the culprit.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Good shit brotha. I thought that might be the culprit.
Yea thanks for all the help and answering all my pm'sI had a feeling it needed to be done too but my tuner was adamant that a boost reference would not work these pumps,should have done it a week ago lol.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Yea thanks for all the help and answering all my pm'sI had a feeling it needed to be done too but my tuner was adamant that a boost reference would not work these pumps,should have done it a week ago lol.
On the blue wire harness going to the fpdm trader wire, does it go to the harness side or the wire, or the connector side? That was the only thing I was unsure about.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Did they have to adjust the tune for it?

On the blue wire harness going to the fpdm trader wire, does it go to the harness side or the wire, or the connector side? That was the only thing I was unsure about.
harness side. yellow/grey wire.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Did they have to adjust the tune for it?

harness side. yellow/grey wire.
I just give him the new data logs yesterday,don't think he will need to adjust anything but we will.see.I think it's a tad rich .76 .77 but I can turn down the bap a little more too if I want.Then when I pulley down I can add fuel if needed without needing a reflash.
Sponsored