Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Just bought the Pacifica hybrid. It's pretty awesome, but I'm a sucker for minivans, station wagons, hatches, or anything with cool packaging gimmicks.

One good and bad thing about the hybrid is that the stow-n-go on the second row gets eliminated due to the battery location. The benefit is you get more comfortable seats.

Keeping my fingers crossed for reliability.
-T
How heavy are the second row seats? Those in my 2001 are back-breakers to lift in and out.
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
How heavy are the second row seats? Those in my 2001 are back-breakers to lift in and out.
I don't know the exact weight had have not yet needed to pull them out. I've seen videos of people pulling them out, and they make it look pretty easy (and the folks doing it don't look like weight lifters or anything). I've heard they are easier now than in the past, but I suspect it is still a bit of a PITA.

I'd guess they weigh about 55 lbs each.

-T

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
UPDATE:

I went on an extensive test drive today in a 2018 GT manual w/PP1 and 301A package. No magride or active exhaust. Just some thoughts while it is fresh on my mind:
- The car looks really good. I didn't love the front design via internet pictures, but in person I like it better than 15-17. Car looks aggressive and has beautiful lines.
- The cloth seats are very comfortable. More comfortable than my C7 seats.
- Overall the interior is nice. Materials are not Audi quality but you are not buying a lucxury car your buying a high performance GT car.
- Backseat is tight for anyone but kids. Which works for me but may not for others.
- Trunk space is actually pretty decent
- I really like the WWII style toggle switches for dirving modes, etc. Gives the Mustang a modern/retro look that matches the car.
- This is surprising but the Mustang looks and feels smaller than my C7. The C7 has this massive hood. In know that the Corvette is smaller in terms of dimensions, but the Mustang doesn't look as big as it acutally is. Hope this makes sense.

Now on to the important stuff:
* Keep in mind I drive a manual 2016 C7 Z51 with magride and xpipe and active exhuast.

- Power. The Mustang is quick. It feels like it has a very linear power band. I drove the car in Sport + and Normal and just track mode briefly.
- Being honest, lower end torque was dissapointing in lower gears. The C7 has a big advantage here and you can feel it.
- But the Mustang really is happy when you are in the 4-7K range. It's a reaally fun engine and continues to pull even past 5K rpm.
- It's a quick car for sure. And it's a very composed quick. In my Corvette it was much easier to break traction (especially in the cold). The Mustang hooks up very nicely.
- The Mustang is so much quieter (road noise) than the C7. I tihink this queitness masks the speed of the Mustang. Several times I looked down and was going much faster than I thought.

Handling:
- I am very impressed with the PP1 suspension. Even over bad roads the car maintains composure and has excellent dampening. It's not too stiff or too soft. I would say Ford nailed it for a daily driver. I am not convinced I would even need Magride although I still likely would get it.
- Sport + the handling felt good for an electric rack. Steering has a weightly feel. I would have liked to spend more time in track mode but it was under 40 degrees and I don't own the car :) Not as dialed in as the C7, but again, no Magride and smaller tires.
- This car is a very good daily driver. If anyone is worried that the PP1 might be harsh don't be.
- I need more time in warmer weather in track mode to see how the car responds when pushed, but limits feel very high with this suspension.

Sound:
- Being honest, I was expecting a little more sound from the V8 in the cabin. It was almost too quiet :)
- Cold start sounded good and I really like the sound the Coyote motor makes in this car. I just want more of it.
- I think active exhaust and maybe an xpipe is a must for me.

Happy to answer any other questions. The Mustang is a much more liveable daily driver than the Corvette (I know big surpirse). Better sight lines, more comfortable seats, much quieter interior, backsats when needed, etc.

I am on the fence about selling the C7. I am going to drive a Camaro SS (maybe 1LE) and an M2. The decide if I keep the C7 or move into something else.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect Balance

OP, I came from the opposite end. I traded my 2013 Tundra crewmax for the Stang. I had all sorts of adjusting to do. I seriously felt like trading it back in for something more useful. It took some time to adjust but I’m happy now.

I too have 3 kids but 1 doesn’t count anymore. He’s 18 and drives himself. I do have a 9 and 11 year old. I’m 5’11” and can still manage to fill the car with kids. I do need to move my seat up slightly but totally doable just around town for a quick ride. For the most part it’s me and my 11yr old.

Getting around town for me was fun at first with the manual transmission. After some time, I realized how much I would prefer automatic. As much as I love manual, I’d give the new 10spd automatic a test drive. Whatever you do, get some kind of performance package. If you go manual, get the PP2 if you’re hitting a road course.

I wish I can give you some comparison between a C7 to a Mustang but I can’t.

I hope you pull the trigger. This is the best Mustang Ford has made since the fox bodies in my opinion.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I had an '09 C6 Vette. That thing had insane road/tire noise and was annoying.. Ride was harsh too and mine was a base. Mustang is so much easier to live with IMO.

Test drove a C7 manual base. Didn't like the shifter or the tall gearing at all. Low end torque on the PP Mustang is missing some. Mine came with a Whipple so that basically took care of that problem.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had an '09 C6 Vette. That thing had insane road/tire noise and was annoying.. Ride was harsh too and mine was a base. Mustang is so much easier to live with IMO.

Test drove a C7 manual base. Didn't like the shifter or the tall gearing at all. Low end torque on the PP Mustang is missing some. Mine came with a Whipple so that basically took care of that problem.
Best thing i did to my 2013 C6 was get rid of the rock hard run flats and go with Pilots. I had no grip with the stock run flats at all. With headers and tune with bi mode exhaust it is super fun as a DD car.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18 GT Premium PP and I absolutely love it. I don't have it right now (it's getting ceramic coated). I will hopefully have it back early this week. Cause I'm going to North Dakota on the 8th for a week. And I want to drive it before I leave.

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
just traded C7 for 2018 GTPP A10-mag ride-active exhaust

1 week ago I traded in my 2014 C7 for the GT. The C7 was fairly well modified so certainly more power than stock ;)

I love it, no regrets. The vette is an awesome car and I loved owning it. I did not have z51 or mag ride so for me I am loving the suspension of the GT PP.

Even though the vette was much louder, (arh lt headers) i like the sound of GT more by far. The vette set off car alarms on cold start :)

I had the A6 and the A10 in the mustang is much better. The vette had more torque but, although I have fun in my car, I like my license so i will never use the full power of either so I can have just as much fun and I can easily get more torque if/when I want. Just have to rev a little higher which just allows me to enjoy the glorious sound on the active exhaust/coyote.

Both great cars but I wanted a new car optioned the way I wanted it and for me there is no reason to spend $70K. Although I loved the vette I will not miss it.

Last edited:

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I honestly say you need to pick up a Charger, C 300, or an Older CTS-V.... A mustang for kids isn't very logical.

Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Check into how the seatback comes forward. Every coupe I've ever had the whole thing popped forward, granting easy rear access. I was very disappointed to find that my Mustang's did not. Pretty sure the Camaro's does...

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Check into how the seatback comes forward. Every coupe I've ever had the whole thing popped forward, granting easy rear access. I was very disappointed to find that my Mustang's did not. Pretty sure the Camaro's does...
The mustangs seat back goes forward, but not the base. So if you are putting a full sized adult back there, nobody is going to be doing that quickly or happily. I put my kids back there everyday though, and they fit fine. I'm 5'11", and just flipping the seat back forward is good enough for both of my kids to crawl into the back.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
The mustangs seat back goes forward, but not the base. So if you are putting a full sized adult back there, nobody is going to be doing that quickly or happily.
Right, but in every other coupe I've owned, the base comes forward when you use the rear-seat-access-thingy. It is definitely quicker than sitting there waiting for the power seat to slowly slide forward... 1st world probs I know. Heck, I don't have adults or kids that sit in the back, just occasional cargo, but when I am standing there in the rain waiting for that power sliding seat base, I am cursing the Ford engineers, thinking about Chevy SS's and Dodge Chargers... I didn't mean deal breaker, just something the OP might not have considered that is worth mentioning.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Just to close the loop on this, I ended up buying a leftover 2017 Focus RS (loaded RS2, already had the head gasket recall done).

I feel in love with the car as soon as I hit some backroads. It's much more practical for my needs and I got a great deal on the car. Have a couple track days lined up and am planning on the Ford Adreneline Academy later this year.

I miss the power of the Z51, but the saying that you can drive a slow car fast is very true with this car. It is just so much fun on twisty roads and the car is very confidence inspiring.

Would love to get back into a higher horsepower RWD coupe again, but it will likely be a good 5+ years.