2JZ Ecoboost Mustang?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Anybody ever toyed with the idea of a 2JZ in the Mustang?

I know several 2JZ swaps in a Foxbody.
Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Anybody ever toyed with the idea of a 2JZ in the Mustang?

I know several 2JZ swaps in a Foxbody.
I would imagine expense is a big issue, especially since you can get a Coyote for so much less.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I would imagine expense is a big issue, especially since you can get a Coyote for so much less.
Yeah, it would be easier and less expensive going with the Coyote. I was thinking about something unique.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I like this idea a lot as I take a lot of my cosmetic mod inspiration from my adoration of the Supra.

Ready for the real game changer though? Coyote in a Supra.... :cool:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Why not put a 3.5 Ecoboost into a v6 car? :headbang:

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
I heard of a guy in IL that put 1JZ into blown motor Ecoboost

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Why not put a 3.5 Ecoboost into a v6 car? :headbang:
Just wait for 2020 I'm betting (hoping) that will be the "Hybrid" mustang. That's where the supercar technology is going so I don't see any reason for it not to trickle down to regular sports cars. Biggest holes I see in this prediction is that I don't know if fords hybrid program is up to par with the rest of the industry, and hybrid integration would probably add significant cost to a car that is already pretty expensive in the higher trim/feature packs.

I do so wish the 3.5 was an option already though. Unfortunately I would bet it was left out due to the fact that it fits in the same place as the Coyote, performance wise, and all the financial and marketing headaches having competing model trims would result in.

As much marketing as I feel ford did, and continues to do, for its Ecoboost line, I still get baffled when I tell people (gearheads and commoners alike) that I have a Turbo 4 and they are blown away that there is a mustang with only 4 cylinders. Then, more recently when I have followed that up by telling them ford doesn't make the V6 mustang anymore, I get people acting like I'm some crazy moron.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
I'm sure in 25 years when these cars are old and worthless piles of crap I'm sure someone will put in a *fill in the blank* into one because the motor was sitting around collecting dust

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Ford Barra 4.0L I6 get the straight 6 turbo goodness. single turbo garret gt35 from the factory. I love me a 2JZ but if someone were to spend that much might as well keep it in the family AND get the extra liter displacement.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Ford Barra 4.0L I6 get the straight 6 turbo goodness. single turbo garret gt35 from the factory. I love me a 2JZ but if someone were to spend that much might as well keep it in the family AND get the extra liter displacement.
As the owner of a straight 6 vehicle (Chevy TrailBlazer), I'd question how well the engine bay of the S550 Mustang could handle the length of a straight 6. With working A/C, and potentially a transmission cooler (assuming automatic...). Don't forget about intercooler(s) too! Not every vehicle can handle one due to the length...and auto manufacturers don't want to make the hood longer just so the vehicle can accommodate one. The kicker is that straight 6's would be cheaper to manufacture than V6's, but with so many FWD cars around, in the works, etc. no one wants to make one (unless they're BMW, for whom the FWD case hasn't been an issue).

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Just wait for 2020 I'm betting (hoping) that will be the "Hybrid" mustang. That's where the supercar technology is going so I don't see any reason for it not to trickle down to regular sports cars. Biggest holes I see in this prediction is that I don't know if fords hybrid program is up to par with the rest of the industry, and hybrid integration would probably add significant cost to a car that is already pretty expensive in the higher trim/feature packs.

I do so wish the 3.5 was an option already though. Unfortunately I would bet it was left out due to the fact that it fits in the same place as the Coyote, performance wise, and all the financial and marketing headaches having competing model trims would result in.

As much marketing as I feel ford did, and continues to do, for its Ecoboost line, I still get baffled when I tell people (gearheads and commoners alike) that I have a Turbo 4 and they are blown away that there is a mustang with only 4 cylinders. Then, more recently when I have followed that up by telling them ford doesn't make the V6 mustang anymore, I get people acting like I'm some crazy moron.
I'm betting that the 3.5 into a V6 S550 Mustang is pretty much a bolt-in...getting the gauge cluster, etc. working is going to be the hard part. It would be great if someone could figure out how to turn on the Ecoboost boost gauge in the V6 ;)

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I like the sounds of inline 5 and 6 cylinder engines, but like said above, most manufacturers just don't produce them anymore.

LaconicTom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang w/performance package
Barra is the way to go.
Sponsored