Sponsored

Any Good Way to ONLY lower the front of the car? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My car looks a little lowered in the rear from car audio and stuff so there is NO way to lower the rear and more. I would like to close the gap on the front end alittle and keep a good stock like smooth ride.

What do you guys think? Any way to do this well or just leave it as is?

and what will it do the the Ford Warty. if done?

29013702338_cbd1f3baee_b.jpg
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just get lowering springs for the front or spacers for the back.

I mean anything caused by aftermarket parts will not be covered.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
several manufacturers sell only front springs. Could also do front coil overs.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My car looks a little lowered in the rear from car audio and stuff so there is NO way to lower the rear and more. I would like to close the gap on the front end alittle and keep a good stock like smooth ride.

Try the BMR front minimum lowering springs. That'd be my suggestion.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You can always do whatever springs you want and a set of spring spacers at the back. I've got a 1/4" spacer on the rear for mine, but they make up to 3/8" ones. Spacers raise by double their size so that would raise it up 3/4" which is about what most springs would drop it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can always do whatever springs you want and a set of spring spacers at the back. I've got a 1/4" spacer on the rear for mine, but they make up to 3/8" ones. Spacers raise by double their size so that would raise it up 3/4" which is about what most springs would drop it.

Is there a down side to using spring spacers VS just leaving stock springs in the rear?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure if you go tooooo big there might be, but I'd rather have the improved rates front and rear than not. [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] would be better to comment on the changes to the system as a whole from doing that, but I'm guessing with the spacer you get the changed rate (hopefully good if you change to the right springs for you), maintain the wheel gap (good), and maintain the same or more total suspension "travel" (not the best word because part would be fixed).

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have around 400lbs of audio in the trunk, so I know what you're going through! Lol

If you want to just go back to stock height, get the Steeda rear spring spacers.

If you want to lower the front too, personally I would get lowering springs all around and then still get the Steeda spacers to bring the rear up. Only changing out the front springs will most likely cause some strange handling characteristics since the spring rates of the front and rear probably wont jive well together with one aftermarket and one OEM. But [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] will be better suited to confirm that.

Personally I changed out all springs because I wanted better handling as well. I went with moderate-drop springs, GT350R springs up front and BMR SP085 in the rear. I had so much weight in the rear I had to get two Steeda 3/8" spacers welded together and installed on each side. But it worked great! Sits evenly even with ~400lbs in the rear.

IMG_20171125_113756.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
^ I knew somebody had welded two of them together but couldn't remember who it was, glad you came in here yourself!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP, are you unhappy with the rear or do you just want even out the front? I'd probably recommend a slightly higher spring rate all around to deal with the added mass, along with dampers with more control, particularly at the rear.

I'd recommend BMR SP089 fronts and SP088 rears + a 1/4" rear spring spacer (possibly the 3/8", depends on how much weight), and Ford Performance Track dampers or Steeda Pro Actions. Ideally you'd do all four. This will give you a very balanced car that will ride well and handle all the weight better. Feel free to PM me for additional questions. Always happy to help.

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
I have around 400lbs of audio in the trunk, so I know what you're going through! Lol

I immediately thought of two fat chicks (or one REALY fat chick) that won't shut up

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Damn noticed you have the full GT350 brake setup front and rear. Did you have to change your brake master cylinder also and did the front or rear change the factory offset of the wheels at all?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
^ and it makes better use for those upgraded brakes.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang