Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Agreed. I remember reading in one of the car magazines I subscribe to, words to the effect of "We are living in the golden age of horsepower. Enjoy it while you can b/c the next fuel crisis, oil crisis or regulatory sea change will do away with these high horsepower cars forever." I agree. Look at Ford! The Mustang is slated to be the ONLY passenger CAR going forward.

I never say never, but it's highly unlikely I will ever sell my Mustang. I waited a very long time to get my first muscle car. Being Mister Responsible with a family, I've had "nice vehicles" like the typical 4-door family car and a gigantor SUV (and still own a pickup truck) but I've never had a new muscle car before. I'm keeping this bad boy.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Agreed. I remember reading in one of the car magazines I subscribe to, words to the effect of "We are living in the golden age of horsepower. Enjoy it while you can b/c the next fuel crisis, oil crisis or regulatory sea change will do away with these high horsepower cars forever." I agree. Look at Ford! The Mustang is slated to be the ONLY passenger CAR going forward.

I never say never, but it's highly unlikely I will ever sell my Mustang. I waited a very long time to get my first muscle car. Being Mister Responsible with a family, I've had "nice vehicles" like the typical 4-door family car and a gigantor SUV (and still own a pickup truck) but I've never had a new muscle car before. I'm keeping this bad boy.
Same here. I think we are also reaching the limits of power output on 93 pump gas without using Forced induction and while meeting existing emissions requirements. Sure, there's more power left in these NA engines, but what are you giving up to get that power?

It is my understanding that the new 2018's are like the 2013-2014's in that it's almost tapped out on pump gas based on what the "tuners" are finding. I think I recall the LT1 6.2 in the Camaro SS and Corvett is similar, there's not much left without changing fuel types or going FI. Some, but not much.

This may very well be the last hurra for V8 muscle cars, but it's a great hurra indeed, so make that car last!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Same here. I think we are also reaching the limits of power output on 93 pump gas without using Forced induction and while meeting existing emissions requirements. Sure, there's more power left in these NA engines, but what are you giving up to get that power?

It is my understanding that the new 2018's are like the 2013-2014's in that it's almost tapped out on pump gas based on what the "tuners" are finding. I think I recall the LT1 6.2 in the Camaro SS and Corvett is similar, there's not much left without changing fuel types or going FI. Some, but not much.

This may very well be the last hurra for V8 muscle cars, but it's a great hurra indeed, so make that car last!
The tuners are still getting a bit out of them with pump gas. 20-25whp is pretty decent for a modern N/A car.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Its not the regular coyote V8 thats underappreciated even more so its theeeeeee most badass North American NA V8 ever produced the GT350s Voodoo!!

Not everything needs to be full retard lets slap a blower on it either.

I truely believe the Voodoo engine is worth the price of admission for the GT350.

Something special to be said about a 1 vehicle engine that is not whored out to other platforms too!
Sponsored