Sponsored

2018 GT low rpm engine rattle, cylinder damage pics, Ford buyback process

Do you have engine rattle in low rpm range that sounds like mine?

• Yes, but have not taken it to dealer

Votes: 146 42.6%
  • Yes, but dealer said it was normal

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • Yes, Ford approved short block, long block or whole engine

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Yes, other repair was performed

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • No

Votes: 114 33.2%

• Total voters

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Almost at the end of this nightmare! Picked up my refund check and handed over the keys (fobs). Immediately went to the bank and deposited the check.

Now I just need to make sure that Ford does the loan payoff and I'm done.

Interestingly, the sales person said that the Ford RAV dept offers a $1,500 rebate. I'm still considering buying another Mustang down the road so I will look into this. I'm confident that Ford will fix the issues with the 2018's.
I see you picked up the Ram. How do you like it?
Sponsored

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
I am still in my process. Been to the shop 2 times. So far its been in there for 10 days and counting. Havent heard anything but hey... Can't rush perfection right?

Rated R cars just reported that his engine is blown.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I see you picked up the Ram. How do you like it?
It is amazing! Found a Laramie with factory 4 corner air ride adjustable suspension and 3.92 gears. Almost drove to Las Vegas (from Southern CA) to get one. Right before I headed out, I found a dealer nearby that had three of them on their lot LOL. Almost purchased a Limited or a Longhorn. I did not feel worthy sitting in those trucks haha! Good Lord the interiors were mind blowing, in addition to the 12 inch screen!

Cool thing is Mopar offers a Lifetime maxcare warranty that I got from another dealer (in Kansas!) that is a steal. Covers everything except the usual maintenance type items for the life of the vehicle.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I am still in my process. Been to the shop 2 times. So far its been in there for 10 days and counting. Havent heard anything but hey... Can't rush perfection right?

Rated R cars just reported that his engine is blown.
Yup! Hang in there! Document all your conversations via text so you have a record in addition to the repair orders.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yup! Hang in there! Document all your conversations via text so you have a record in addition to the repair orders.
Technically its been in a total of about 15 but not consecutively. I may be switching over to Dodge. I hear they have big things planned.

Sponsored

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ok so its official. New engine is needed. I will most likely get rid of the car and move on. Sucks because my anarchy motive shift knob is finally shipping lol.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Ok so its official. New engine is needed. I will most likely get rid of the car and move on. Sucks because my anarchy motive shift knob is finally shipping lol.
Wow, that sucks, but at least you found it now rather than down the road when there is no warranty.

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
Why i bought a 2017 GT PP. Everyone else tested everything. Istill have interior rattles and things like that but fortunately no major issues. I worry about it everyday though so i may end up sellin git to get a more proven car.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Why i bought a 2017 GT PP. Everyone else tested everything. Istill have interior rattles and things like that but fortunately no major issues. I worry about it everyday though so i may end up sellin git to get a more proven car.
Yea I may do the same. Not really sure what I want.

Gotta say the dealer has treated me right so far.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I mean I had one of the first 15 gts to hit the lots and the only issue i had was some light hood corrosion. I guess sometimes youre lucky :shrug:

Sponsored

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I mean I had one of the first 15 gts to hit the lots and the only issue i had was some light hood corrosion. I guess sometimes youre lucky :shrug:
More like sometimes you are unlucky

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

Seems like almost all have issues.

Goggle up CRV gas in oil. Honda. Whoda thunk it?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Add another car to the list...my 2018 GT started making the rattle last week its at 10K miles and I just did the second oil change. This rattle started like 2 days before the oil change fyi. Now I hear it when I give the car gas when resting on idle but the sound goes away above 1K RPMS and does not return or I cannot hear it until the car idles again and I give it a tap of gas pedal.

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Sorry this thread is super long and I've lost track of who has what. What information was used to decide your car needed a new block? Having the rattle alone or did they find piston damage as well?

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Goggle up CRV gas in oil. Honda. Whoda thunk it?
Honda has always been mediocre with an aura of superiority. They put bum transmissions in vehicles for years, have numerous VCT issues, etc.
Sponsored