Sponsored

[Help] Converting to a quad tip setup

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
So I'm thinking about buying a gt350 rear bumper and getting a quad tip setup for my v6.

Currently I'm rocking the Magnaflow Competition cat-back system.

I need some help deciding on how to do the conversion. Is it possible to cut the stock welded tips and weld quads in their place? This is the main idea thats in my head but I want to hear ALL of my options. I'm sure some of you have done this before so any suggestions will help!

Thanks
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just my opinion but quad exhausts seem overkill for a V6.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is possible if you pay someone enough or have enough skill to do it. I think you'd be better off getting some sort of GT350 axlebacks so it lines up with that valence.

OP
OP
Fray_s550

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Everything is possible if you pay someone enough or have enough skill to do it. I think you'd be better off getting some sort of GT350 axlebacks so it lines up with that valence.
Would they be compatible with the magnaflow x-pipe?

OP
OP
Fray_s550

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Just my opinion but quad exhausts seem overkill for a V6.
Its mainly for appearance. There are many many countless v6 and even 4 cylinder cars that have quad setups. If you like it you can do it

Sponsored

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I looked into all this when I was doing my setup.

If you get the GT350 Rear Valence it has the quad tips in the valence so you need to have a system with removable tips to fit into it.

The only other options for quad tips on V6 are get a Premium GT Bumper and the Roush Rear Valence or cut your bumper to make a bit more room for the extra tip.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I looked into all this when I was doing my setup.

If you get the GT350 Rear Valence it has the quad tips in the valence so you need to have a system with removable tips to fit into it.

The only other options for quad tips on V6 are get a Premium GT Bumper and the Roush Rear Valence or cut your bumper to make a bit more room for the extra tip.
this right here...personally I am cutting mine and painting the lower area with OEM bumper paint to match the side skirts and lip spoiler. Doing 3.5inch tips. Anything bigger and the cuts are too much, by then u might as well get a different bumper. I just can't justify the price for quads at that point.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well he already said he's thinking about getting a different bumper at the very beginning...

And for whether or not some GT350 axlebacks will be compatible, I'm sure it is just a matter of pipe size that determine what kind of adapter connections you need.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well he already said he's thinking about getting a different bumper at the very beginning...

And for whether or not some GT350 axlebacks will be compatible, I'm sure it is just a matter of pipe size that determine what kind of adapter connections you need.
He asked for all options brother. I was just espousing mine and the reason why...cost. As far as going the gt350 route look, I would look in the GT forums section. Lost of threads there on this conversion to include which exhaust systems work. IF you want to keep ypur current exhaust setup I would look into the premium bumper with Roush valance. THEN it is just a matter of swapping the tips from a set of tips on eBay that have the right diameter to fit the pipes and size you want of both tips on exit. The best look in this case is the 4inch exits.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
True, I took it more as for sure doing the GT350 bumper but wanted options for the actual exhaust part of it.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
So I'm thinking about buying a gt350 rear bumper and getting a quad tip setup for my v6.

Currently I'm rocking the Magnaflow Competition cat-back system.

I need some help deciding on how to do the conversion. Is it possible to cut the stock welded tips and weld quads in their place? This is the main idea thats in my head but I want to hear ALL of my options. I'm sure some of you have done this before so any suggestions will help!

Thanks
Is it possible to go quad tips with your current magnaflow competition setup? The answer is no if you're thinking about cutting the tips off and welding quad tips on. There is not enough room between where the valance sits and your mufflers to make it work. How do I know? I was thinking about doing the same thing as you but couldn't. There is another option to make it work which is very costly and will take a lot of modification to make it work. :cheers:
I'm pretty sure i'm the only one currently running this setup and will be making a separate post about the whole process pretty soon! Oh yeah and the exhaust is ran straight through the valance on my setup instead of the fake tips that actually come on the valance.
IMG_3259 V2 copy.png
Sponsored