2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They must have some dandy insiders to know that they had to beat a ZL1-L1E. IMO it will be a flop if it doesn't at least beat the top dog of either Dodge or Chevy's muscle/pony cars. Sure, it will beat a hellcat...and a ZL1. What about the cream of the crop in the segment.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
They must have some dandy insiders to know that they had to beat a ZL1-L1E. IMO it will be a flop if it doesn't at least beat the top dog of either Dodge or Chevy's muscle/pony cars.
I think that I will but I am only guessing...for it not to out-perform the current Top Dogs would be a huuuuuge embarrassment after waiting on the release of this next SE Stang IMO.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They must have some dandy insiders to know that they had to beat a ZL1-L1E. IMO it will be a flop if it doesn't at least beat the top dog of either Dodge or Chevy's muscle/pony cars. Sure, it will beat a hellcat...and a ZL1. What about the cream of the crop in the segment.
It's already 3 years without the king of the pony cars.

If it was just a GT350 with a blower, they could have done that out of the gate with the S550 and had a hit on their hands. You don't wait four years (or more...) for this and it turn out to basically be the 2013 GT500 + handling pack.

If the 500 arrives and doesn't lay the smack down on the top Camaro and Challenger competition, it would be an epic fail.

It will be a special car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess you are saying it will be a 2020 model. The last year of s550. If 20 my is released in Nov of 19 and production of the s650 starts in march of 21 that is a long run. Might as well be a 22. Which is when the s650 was supposed to originally come out.
2021MY cars will be out in the summer/fall of 2020, per usual

2019MY cars will be out in the summer/fall of 2018, per usual. A new S550 variant introduced as a 2019 would have two full production years.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Why wouldn’t the cup 2s be able to handle 1.1g? They are pretty similar to the trofeos and the new Goodyear 3R on the ZL1 1LE that pulls 1.11. On the Z06 the cup 2s are good for over 1.2g. I won’t speak for bmac but I’ll bet he’s still connected and my guess is he was higher up in the chain and has a very high knowledge of Fords process.
ZL1 has more tire, more aero AND better suspension (DSSV).

The Gt500 can’t house 325 in the back. It might be able to if the tire is bespoke.

For example, the 325 PS4 on the back of my car on R spec wheel sticks out too much for compliance.

The Gt500 won’t come with DSSV on the regular model because they’re too uncompliant. They’re better suited for a Gt500-R model - IF there is one.

It will also be heavier than the ZL1 1LE.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

The Gt500 can’t house 325 in the back. It might be able to if the tire is bespoke.

For example, the 325 PS4 on the back of my car on R spec wheel sticks out too much for compliance.

The Gt500 won’t come with DSSV on the regular model because they’re too uncompliant. They’re better suited for a Gt500-R model - IF there is one.

OK.

Also, what makes you think Ford will be going directly after the ZL1 1LE? That's just as much of a one trick pony as the Demon, just a different trick. It's barely usable as a street car as you mentioned...much too firm with the spool valve dampers and the gumball, barely street-legal tires (those make Sport Cup 2s look like touring/comfort road tires).

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
If Ford aims for the 1LE at all, I would expect it to be with a separate R model or whatever.
The next GT500 is aimed for the regular ZL1, right?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

The 2015 Z28 has already shown that building a car with super stiff suspension and race slicks doesn't translate to sales.

I expect more from Ford than the crap that's been coming from Chevy lately.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

IIRC, the Ford GT is running DSSVs and they said the ride quality is compliant and really good, despite the car being loud inside. It probably has to do with how GM specified the stiffness for the 1LE.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 2015 Z28 has already shown that building a car with super stiff suspension and race slicks doesn't translate to sales.

I expect more from Ford than the crap that's been coming from Chevy lately.
Last I heard the ZL1 L1E was selling out and actually getting ADM. Not that people like it, but they are buying it. Probably sold more than the overpriced z28 already.

If the GT500 doesn't come with a variant that beats either of other 2 top dogs ill be laughing, and SMH.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
OK.

Also, what makes you think Ford will be going directly after the ZL1 1LE? That's just as much of a one trick pony as the Demon, just a different trick. It's barely usable as a street car as you mentioned...much too firm with the spool valve dampers and the gumball, barely street-legal tires (those make Sport Cup 2s look like touring/comfort road tires).
I agree. I was replying to the fact you said it would easily beat the Roush GT.

Maybe not in handling though?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So I think whats being said about this GT500 is it will be a jack of all trades, master of none. Personally, looking at it this way, i would rather have the 1 trick pony...just not a challenger or camaro.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I was replying to the fact you said it would easily beat the Roush GT.

Maybe not in handling though?
Why not? Ultra firm springs and dampers aren't required for good or even great handling. The GT350/350R aren't that firm actually, particularly compared to the ZL1 1LE, and the handling of those is praised extensively.

The Roush is a tuner car. It's not even on Ford's radar. Anyone will be able to take a GT PP2 and throw a blower on it to achieve nearly the same thing. Ford's creation will definitely be more special.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Why not? Ultra firm springs and dampers aren't required for good or even great handling. The GT350/350R aren't that firm actually, particularly compared to the ZL1 1LE, and the handling of those is praised extensively.

The Roush is a tuner car. It's not even on Ford's radar. Anyone will be able to take a GT PP2 and throw a blower on it to achieve nearly the same thing. Ford's creation will definitely be more special.
That good news. Too bad it won’t beat the Roush in skid pad though.
Sponsored