Brake pad recommendations

jamieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've got a GT PP and I've done one track day and would like to do maybe two HPDE per year. I've got 295 R888's on the front and 325 on the rear. I'm thinking I'd need some pads that I can just put on for race days. So the DD pads and race pads need to be "compatible" or something? Can you guys recommend:

a) a combination for DD and track day pads.
b) can I keep the rear pads the same for DD and track?
c) am i gonna require better break fluid?
d) what about brake lines?

Thanks!
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What is the reasoning for wanting more aggressive pads? Are you finding that the stock pads are inadequate at stopping and/or begin fading quickly?

For 1-2 HDPEs a year IMO the stock pads are fine, even with sticky tires. But definitely upgrade the fluid and even lines.

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
I recommend picking up a set of Ferodo DSUNO pads if you want a race pad with more initial bite or the Ferodo DS1.11 if you want a longer lasting pad.

The best part is that they are compatible with your oem pads. Just swap back and forth between the race pads and save your oem pads for the street.

While the OEM pads do work at the track they are not meant for the upper range of heat and will wear quickly requiring more pedal pressure.

The rear oem pads will work fine as they do little braking.

I also have stainless steel brake lines as well as excellent high temp brake fluid in stock.

http://www.gt350brakes.com/category/15-mustang-gt-pp

Be sure to use M6G at checkout for the forum discount!

I'm happy to answer any questions as well!

Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
I'm gonna do a time attack next month and need to change over to better fluid, motul rbf 600 to be exact. Is one 500mL container enough?

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
If your car is a DD the stock pads are fine as is the factory brake fluid. Flush it every 6 months. I ran an entire season on the OEM pads. If you progress to more track use you may want to upgrade to a suitable pad. I suspect you are not looking to win a trophy and need your car to get home and to work the next day. When you burn through the factory pads and find you run out of brakes then you can look at changes. These cars are really good stock when properly driven, we still run the stock fluid so we can have accurate metrics to measure the changes we make. Enjoy it. :cheers:
Sponsored