Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Check out these new photos of the high-performance model Mustang S550 prototype. This prototype is on its way from Michigan to Kett Engineering in Carson (LA), California.

The verdict is still out on this model’s name (whether GT350 or GT500), but we’ve posted plenty of references and clues (see here and here) to a GT350 model, so that’s the name we’re placing our bets on.

The last time the GT350 was spotted was in September, in the spy photos/video we've reposted below.

[Photos removed at request of photographer.]
Sponsored

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Does anyone notice any differences between this and the cars we have been seeing besides the quad tips?

Thanks for the pics Jarstang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

MYs197

Well we know it's getting much closer to being ready. It would be awesome if they had it in time to show at NYIAS.

I take it from the camo that the front end is what will be the big visual difference from the GT. One thing I find to be interesting is that there's no side camo. That would mean the vent we are all expecting there would be exposed for all to see..... and of course it side pic cuts off right before where it would be. :doh:

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Thats a good point. From what i can tell it looks like the side rocker panels are different but im not 100% on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

Sponsored

NRMStand

It looks like part of the rocker panel is being covered as well as the wheel design so we could see some changes. A lot of rubber on there.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
It it just me or do the rear fenders look a bit more flared?

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
early prototype guys, take these pictures with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are you saying there are more exterior changes than is shown in this early prototype?
I'm saying this looks like a pretty rough-and-ready prototype, so assumptions based on this prototype would be rather useless.

I'm really hoping for a return to the Cobra moniker.. just would be a good gesture to previous models!

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
I see a ton of negative camber in the left rear tire.
Yeah, probably too much for a street car. Probably doing some testing for the Factory Racecar for Grand-Am/World Challenge/FIA. Hopefully that's accomplishable in the factory car just for tuning's sake.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yeah, probably too much for a street car. Probably doing some testing for the Factory Racecar for Grand-Am/World Challenge/FIA. Hopefully that's accomplishable in the factory car just for tuning's sake.

Of course it could be something as silly as a tiedown strap still hooked up.

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
i hope the front end and back end are 100% different than the gt model.i remember the old fox body car from 87-93,and you could tell the gt from the lx from a mile away.
Sponsored