Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
yeah, very excited about carplay, waiting for my invitation from waze to join testflight so I can use it with ios 12 beta. :D
Sponsored

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Ruby Red - 1st Mustang
Usb size?

Hey I have a question about the size of the usb stick. Does it really have to be 32GB even though there are only a couple of GB worth of files even after being unzipped?

Thanks

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Hey I have a question about the size of the usb stick. Does it really have to be 32GB even though there are only a couple of GB worth of files even after being unzipped?

Thanks
i believe your results may vary, some people have said an 8GB stick worked where others say a 16GB stick worked

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
3rd party navigation apps supported in carplay with iOS12!!!! Look who is in the screenshot, oh hi Google Maps!

f1528134295.jpg
Finally Apple let go......Thank God. Can't wait for IOS12

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Thanks
I have used an 8GB stick twice now, once on a non-nav APIM and once on a NAV APIM.

Both times formatted FAT32 as well.

I genuinely think the need for a 32GB stick is a miscommunication somewhere on Ford's end, where non-nav Sync 3 units wouldn't take the upgrade because they didn't have the 32GB of onboard storage that the nav units have. Someone mistranslated that to mean 32GB of thumb drive storage, but extra thumb drive storage can't overcome the lack of storage on the unit itself causing MEM_ERR03 failures.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
It could also be because they want people to be using a newer spec USB, which runs many times faster than old USB's do... since the Sync3 upgrade only tells you that "upgrade is in progress" *after* having copied all the files across, and with an old USB this can take around 20 mins - during which time some users think that nothing is happening and pull the USB out.

….or maybe it is more like the Ford tech who wrote the instructions couldn't be bothered to check the requirements, and thought that 32 sounded nice.

:)

GivenchyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecobeast 2016
Hello everybody! I really need your advise:hail:.
I ordered and installed new USB hub to try to connect Apple CarPlay to My Ecoboost 2016 (non nav Sync 3), But after it I realized that my Sync 3 version is 1.0.
I downloaded installation files for latest version of Sync from official ford web-site, but during installation to my car faced with this error:
Installation failed - the installation has run out of space or doesn’t work with this version.
I worked with USB flash drive 8 GB (both formats), but keep getting this again and again.
I also tried to return to master reset, but after it got the same error.

Help me, I’m blonde lol. And I just want Apple CarPlay in my car so badly:shrug:

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I worked with USB flash drive 8 GB (both formats), but keep getting this again and again.
It's not just the formatting of the drive, but the speed. Some have speculated here that Ford's requirement to use a 32 GB drive ensures you are using a newer technology that will read and write faster than older drives. This makes a lot of sense, since it's easier to specify a minimum size than a minimum read/write speed. My thought is that the 32 GB USB drive isn't necessary for ALL cars, but is necessary for SOME cars. Your car may be one of those that needs a larger (and faster) USB drive, so that's where I'd start.

Help me, I’m blonde lol. And I just want Apple CarPlay in my car so badly:shrug:
You don't need to be blonde to be an idiot. Ask me how I know (hint: I'm not blonde).

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have used an 8GB stick twice now, once on a non-nav APIM and once on a NAV APIM.

Both times formatted FAT32 as well.

I genuinely think the need for a 32GB stick is a miscommunication somewhere on Ford's end, where non-nav Sync 3 units wouldn't take the upgrade because they didn't have the 32GB of onboard storage that the nav units have. Someone mistranslated that to mean 32GB of thumb drive storage, but extra thumb drive storage can't overcome the lack of storage on the unit itself causing MEM_ERR03 failures.
I have been using 16GB too. The files are only like 2GB.
But yes get some good quality high speed thumb drives.

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hello everybody! I really need your advise:hail:.
I ordered and installed new USB hub to try to connect Apple CarPlay to My Ecoboost 2016 (non nav Sync 3), But after it I realized that my Sync 3 version is 1.0.
I downloaded installation files for latest version of Sync from official ford web-site, but during installation to my car faced with this error:
Installation failed - the installation has run out of space or doesn’t work with this version.

Are you using a Mac or PC? Reason I ask is I've seen people run into issues using the built in utility on Mac's to unzip files. The issue is usually the running out of space error.

GivenchyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecobeast 2016
It's not just the formatting of the drive, but the speed. Some have speculated here that Ford's requirement to use a 32 GB drive ensures you are using a newer technology that will read and write faster than older drives. This makes a lot of sense, since it's easier to specify a minimum size than a minimum read/write speed. My thought is that the 32 GB USB drive isn't necessary for ALL cars, but is necessary for SOME cars. Your car may be one of those that needs a larger (and faster) USB drive, so that's where I'd start.

You don't need to be blonde to be an idiot. Ask me how I know (hint: I'm not blonde).
Thanks, I will try to find the newest UDB flash drive.
I mean I’m not stupid, at least I could swap out USB hub by myself using only screwdriver lol for less then 5 min :D I hoped I get lucky with Sync, but seems nope :doh:

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I mean I’m not stupid, at least I could swap out USB hub by myself using only screwdriver lol for less then 5 min :D I hoped I get lucky with Sync, but seems nope :doh:
I just reread my last post and realized it could have been misconstrued. I didn't mean to suggest you are stupid, I meant to say I'm often an idiot, and I'm not blonde.

This is my logo: :doh:

GivenchyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecobeast 2016
Are you using a Mac or PC? Reason I ask is I've seen people run into issues using the built in utility on Mac's to unzip files. The issue is usually the running out of space error.
I was using PC.

If nothing helps, I was thinking to go to the Ford Service and ask them to fix it.
Sometimes Sync harddrive can has error in the memory, like be cracked.

Maybe that’s why every time My Sync shows me that I have latest version of it, but it is only 1.0. So it is actually refresh version, showing me that the last update was yesterday, but it is stil 1.0.

GivenchyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecobeast 2016
I just reread my last post and realized it could have been misconstrued. I didn't mean to suggest you are stupid, I meant to say I'm often an idiot, and I'm not blonde.

This is my logo: :doh:
I got it correct, do not worry, no offends :D

Maybe I need to try to pull out at least 2.2 version from the Internet and try to download it? Maybe 3.0 is too much to go from 1.0?
Sponsored