Sponsored

Changing Sync3 Start-up Image?

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to change the SYNC3 system start-up screen image?

If possible I'd like to change it to a red Coyote GT 5.0 image instead of the horse.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
There are several pre-loaded images that can be accessed via the diagnostic interface, but after you set one, it will revert to the old image the next time the car starts. The only way to change it "permanently" is to change the AS-BUILT data, using OBD-II and FORSCAN, though you're limited to what is pre-loaded.

To see what's pre-loaded, hold down the Right Seek and Eject button when on the Audio screen in Sync 3, hit End Test, then navigate the menus to see what there is. I can't remember which submenu has the background images.

JR

OP
OP
Type550

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
There are several pre-loaded images that can be accessed via the diagnostic interface, but after you set one, it will revert to the old image the next time the car starts. The only way to change it "permanently" is to change the AS-BUILT data, using OBD-II and FORSCAN, though you're limited to what is pre-loaded.

To see what's pre-loaded, hold down the Right Seek and Eject button when on the Audio screen in Sync 3, hit End Test, then navigate the menus to see what there is. I can't remember which submenu has the background images.

JR
Cool! Thanks for your reply... I'll look into it further :)
Sponsored