Sponsored

15-17 3.7 v6 convertible exhaust question- X pipe and flowmaster outlaw vs Corsa

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi I just would love some insight.

Ive heard the 15-17 exhaust with the flowmaster outlaw and an xx pipe and it is realllly loud. Is it one of the loudest exhaust for the 3.7?
Would the Borla or corsa extreme be louder?

Would it have a nice sound xpipe and outlaw axelback?

thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Xtreme is definitely one of the loudest you can buy. It's easily as loud as the outlaw but much more controllable. That's the party trick of their systems: you can keep it reasonable if you stay light on the pedal, and zero drone period. The outlaw will be more noise vs a tuned sound. I've heard one clip of the Xtreme on a V6 and IMO it sounded pretty good (below). I was surprised. The Borla and Roush sound good too, and I think are better options than a muffler delete (outlaws).

Last edited:

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Outlaw with an x pipe is damn near a straight pipe from the cat back. It's just noise, there's no tone or anything to it imo. It just gets louder as you rev as opposed to other system that actually change in harmonic tone as you climb revs.

The Extreme is loud but it at least has some tuning to it like BmacIL said.

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I had Outlaws and now I have the Corsa Xtreme Cat Back. Outlaws are ok if you can stand the Drone. The Corsas are much more controllable but can be very loud as well but they are very raspy but no drone.

I think I may change to Borla or Roush at some point.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
There are two options with the outlaw ones an outlaw axle back that is a direct bolt on from the existing exhaust. Then theres the option of cutting out the muffler and welding the outlaws in to the factory tips and adding an x pipe. Will an axelback be louder or quieter with the outlaw kit and an xpipe vs cutting out the existing muffler and welding the outlaw muffler alone and the x pipe?

Any advice on this as its two options to choose.

Thanks!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It's the same thing? The only real difference would be whether you do the xpipe or not. Whether you weld or clamp the axleback shouldn't affect it much and neither should how much piping you have ahead of the muffler (by that I mean proper axleback vs cutting literally at the muffler).
Sponsored