Sponsored

Anybody want to go 3:73?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Try the tranny and drivetrain forum section. I know in my research I came across a good amount of auto guys/girls that swapped. You'll need the auto flange kit just like the GTs (and EB too I suppose) and AFAIK, the process on the GT is the same as on V6. Another thing I picked up from the auto GT guys/girls that swapped is that a 3.55 on an auto is actually shorter than on the manual. So like a 3.55 auto is more so like a 3.73 manual. At least I remember reading something like that.
I do need to do more research on it. I was looking around and I did saw that FPP does sell the auto flange. The thing that is putting me off is the shift points needing to be changed.

Now that would be crazy if the auto 3:55 is shorter. It would definitely be more fun. If that is the case I may just swap gears and call it a day. Forget FI... That would be a lie, I still want that supercharger whine.
Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I want to upgrade to 3:55 so bad will try to research what is needed as im auto

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I know. I went 3.55 bc the price of 3.73 is twice as much. Full diff to full diff.
You talking about the full loaded carriers? If so - the extra $$$ is because the 3.73 is the Torsen unit. Even used ones are pretty pricey.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Anyone know if the '18 GT PP automatic with the 3.55 and Torsen have the aluminum or iron carrier case? Typically the autos have aluminum but I thought I should ask instead of assuming.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if the '18 GT PP automatic with the 3.55 and Torsen have the aluminum or iron carrier case? Typically the autos have aluminum but I thought I should ask instead of assuming.
Iron, IIRC.
Sponsored