Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
@BE6Pony requested a delete on the old thread. Just get this title to say "Forced Induction - 3.7L" that way it matches the 5.0 thread title....not sure it matters but I am OCD in that respect, lol.

[MENTION=14328]kodypiccirilli[/MENTION] we moved the discussion here. post your specs and photos here when you can.

[MENTION=6707]Moderator[/MENTION] can we sticky this thread please
Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
3.5 EcoBoost Twin Turbos

First off, I have my own build thread under "Twin Turbo V6 Project" if you would like to read a more detailed process of R&D and installation, but it has not been updated in quite some time. Anyways, I decided to boost my car while on a tight budget. This is when I contacted Tom at Super Six Motorsports and got the idea to use the EcoBoost twin turbos off the 3.5 F150.

My car made 330whp/350wtq on 93 pump gas and 410whp/470wtq on E85. The car is a blast to drive and that torque hits hard at 4000 RPM!

My car has now officially been boosted for a little more than a year. For an entire year, it remained my only car (I now have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee as a daily) so my Mustang was my only car and I drove it every day. I have probably put somewhere around 15,000 boosted miles on my build. This setup is reliable. The only "issue" I have had was when I drove down to TX2K17 and burned my stock fuel pump using the VMP booster while racing.

Here is a list of all of the parts installed on my car as of 03/27/2018:

2012 F-150 EcoBoost Turbo's
2012 F-150 EcoBoost exhaust manifolds
DeatschWerks 65lb/hr fuel injectors
VMP 40Amp Fuel Pump booster
Hayden Oil Cooler
NGK 6510 Iridium Spark Plugs
Turbosmart eBoost Street electronic boost controller
Turbosmart Race Port Blow Off Valve
Turbosmart 4-port boost solenoid
2-Bar MAP Sensor
CX Racing Twin turbo Intercooler
SSM twin turbo adapter kit
Catless down pipes
Custom/stock EcoBoost air induction system
MPT Pump gas/E85 FI Tune
19x10" rear/ 19x9" GT PP wheels
Goodyear Eagle F1 285 rear/255 front tires
Custom TTr oil catch can
Custom 3" catback exhaust with x-pipe

Mods I plan on having in the future include 305/35 Nitto NT05R's and I have been tossing around the idea of swapping to a procharged setup because I prefer the horsepower setup opposed to my torque setup. So I will probably be in the market to buy/sell car parts in the future. Although, I am currently studying abroad with my school in Italy until August 1, so it will have to wait until then. I will work on getting some pictures uploaded shortly.

I am sure most of you have seen ThatDudeInBlue's review of my car but here is a link: [ame]

I also used to make my own YouTube videos, but have since given the channel to a friend and do not make videos on that anymore. Here are links to that channel, as well as my new channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/kody87061 (old)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdbipfyrQ_rWWK_vUPwUFw (new)

Here is a link to SSM's pdf of the EcoBoost TT kit with dyno graphs, and 1/4 times (not mine): http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_pdf/2018/SSM2018CycloneEcoBoostTwinTurboInstallationKitRev1.pdf

ORIGINAL BUILD THREAD: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57645&highlight=twin+turbo
IMG_6709.JPG

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
[MENTION=14328]kodypiccirilli[/MENTION] nice man. Still love your original build...cause it is ORIGINAL.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14328]kodypiccirilli[/MENTION] nice man. Still love your original build...cause it is ORIGINAL.
Thank you! I definitely stuck my neck out there with this build.

I meant to mention that all in, I probably invested around $4000 for all parts and tuning. I paid SSM for installation and some trial and error parts, so I actually spent a little more than that, but I believe this build could be replicated for around $4000 give or take...

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My car made 330whp/350wtq on 93 pump gas and 410whp/470wtq on E85. The car is a blast to drive and that torque hits hard at 4000 RPM!
I can't imagine knowing there's an extra 80/120 available and not going for that all the time. Do you find yourself ever running 93 or almost always using E85 as long as it is available?

Haven't really looked in to it at all, but how's the comparison go for E85 when looking at the price relative to lower fuel efficiency? I imagine it is somewhat a wash, maybe even more expensive...but also not a top priority when you're throwing extra power at the car.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning towards the Procharger route myself. It will likely be Winter of '18 or Spring of next year. I'm waiting on my ported upper and lower intake manifolds and I'm leaning towards getting a dyno tune.

It's cost effective for me, since I paid less then $22K for my '17 3.7 / 6 speed brand new. At the time, the cheapest price on a base '17 GT 6 speed was was right at $7K more.

Excluding 3.7 power modifications (headers, intakes etc) all the other mods I've done I would have done to a base GT anyway.

I will do the Procharger install myself - I'm just a bit leery about getting mail order tuning. I'd appreciate it if you keep this thread apprised of how MPT does on the Procharger tuning. I was thinking if I bought the kit through them, they would maybe be a bit more 'invested' in the process of getting the tune right.

I'm not looking for peak numbers. In fact, the reason I want a dyno tune is the same reason I had it done on my last car. It was done on a Superflow dyno - a loaded dyno that could replicate everyday driving conditions. I expressed to my tuner that I cared more about torque under the curve and mid range than I did about peak HP numbers...and the tune showed that in everyday driving.

Ideally after going FI, I'd like to have an 'everyday' tune and a 'drag strip' tune for when I hit the 1/4 mile.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
I can't imagine knowing there's an extra 80/120 available and not going for that all the time. Do you find yourself ever running 93 or almost always using E85 as long as it is available?

Haven't really looked in to it at all, but how's the comparison go for E85 when looking at the price relative to lower fuel efficiency? I imagine it is somewhat a wash, maybe even more expensive...but also not a top priority when you're throwing extra power at the car.
I run E85 about 90% of the time. I am located in Fayetteville, Arkansas for college and E85 is more available than 93. 91 is my next option.

When it comes to fuel consumption and price differences, you will definitely find yourself at the gas station more often running E85 but since it is always less than $2/gal. it is about the same costs as running pump gasoline.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I run E85 about 90% of the time. I am located in Fayetteville, Arkansas for college and E85 is more available than 93. 91 is my next option.

When it comes to fuel consumption and price differences, you will definitely find yourself at the gas station more often running E85 but since it is always less than $2/gal. it is about the same costs as running pump gasoline.
I live in Dallas but my wife is from Fayetteville and I have property there in Washington County as well. If I had the Kum & Go with E85 down here in Dallas I would have gone that route already.
I took this picture when I stopped at my property on the way up to KC to get the ProCharger installed.
picture.jpg

In it's early days (before ProCharger) my Mustang also doubled as my tow vehicle.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
I live in Dallas but my wife is from Fayetteville and I have property there in Washington County as well. If I had the Kum & Go with E85 down here in Dallas I would have gone that route already.
I took this picture when I stopped at my property on the way up to KC to get the ProCharger installed.
picture.jpg

In it's early days (before ProCharger) my Mustang also doubled as my tow vehicle.
picture.jpg
Would be awesome to meet sometime! After August 1st, I will be in Fayetteville permanently for school for the next year. So if you ever find yourself in the area, let me know.

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
That’s great to hear but I agree I was going to upgrade to a d1x but procharger told me the p1 was enough for what the 3.7 will put out. Now if I see you make some good gains I’ll upgrade to the d1x currently bought some stuff and need to contact not. But haven’t had time to install myself. Mine puts down 389 to the wheel with 93 and 8lb boost.

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
@BE6Pony requested a delete on the old thread. Just get this title to say "Forced Induction - 3.7L" that way it matches the 5.0 thread title....not sure it matters but I am OCD in that respect, lol.

@kodypiccirilli we moved the discussion here. post your specs and photos here when you can.

@Moderator can we sticky this thread please

When did I request a delete of a thread?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
When did I request a delete of a thread?
Lol, not you. Was just letting you know I requested it on the other thread to make this the new thread for all Boost talk on the 3.7L. Just bad wording and a condition of always using my cell to work on this forum. I asked for this thread to be stickied but I am not sure how that all works.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Anyone know how long it would generally take a shop to install and dyno a procharger install. I just want to know what kind of downtime I'm lookong at.
I feel like I might just go with a procharger for ease of things and since I am not looking for max hp/torque.
Sponsored