Video: High Performance (GT500?) Mustang Spied Again

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Come on ford stop teasing us, I just want to see it already. Please tell me it will beat the zl1(track) and my hellcat (strip)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Come on ford stop teasing us, I just want to see it already. Please tell me it will beat the zl1(track) and my hellcat (strip)
It will definitely beat the zl1 on the track.

It will likely match or beat the demon on the strip (808 hp setup).

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hellcat maybe but there is no way it will beat the demon, that thing will likely run mid 10's in 808 hp mode. Keep in mind the demon still comes factory with wrinkle wall tires, a Trans brake, all the cooling in the world and essentially a factory 2step

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
This talk of an auto 10 speed GT350 confuses me, can anyone point to an automatic gearbox anywhere that can handle 8000 plus rpm. Simply not going to happen in the GT350.
A DCT maybe, but not the new 10 speed auto

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It will likely match or beat the demon on the strip (808 hp setup).
Hellcat maybe but there is no way it will beat the demon, that thing will likely run mid 10's in 808 hp mode. Keep in mind the demon still comes factory with wrinkle wall tires, a Trans brake, all the cooling in the world and essentially a factory 2step
^^THIS!!
I agree. I don't think it will beat the Demon on the strip.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Is hellcat being discontinued ? I don't think so and I think the market (at least right now) is big enough to run 2 stages of halo cars, hellcat -> demon, GT350 -> "GT500".

Frankly I think Ford waited until FCA showed their hand before starting these leaks and really accelerating the project full force. I think they have a firm deadline for job 1 now.

What I think the car will be is the perfect mid-halo car to sit between the GT350R + the Ford GT. Given the current trajectory of their development (Boss 302 -> GT350 -> "gt500"), I full expect the car to be a GT350 amplified. Same idea, but now with the extra 100-200 HP that everyone thinks it needs. Rounding out the goodies with the first ever automatic for an SVT car it will be the latest magazine darling, and the beat goes on...

It will do the job of giving the $80-100K guys something to chew on, it will drive down costs of the GT350/R's still unsold because of a variety of reasons and prevent them from losing out on costs for the FPC voodoo. They know their NA production car development may have hit a peak there - they will stick with keeping it only in the GT350 and after 2020 possibly never again...

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
One final note: on the name...

What was it that Shelby said? A name doesn't make a car...

If you think about it, they've practically reissued every name in their history book. They could have another Mach 1, but that wasn't traditionally ranked higher than a GT350 , at least in the racing world.

Cobra? Which are we tributing, it isn't a 2 seat roadster nor a hopped up street car like the SVT was ...

I think its time for a new name

Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
i bet you anything a Shelby 1000 skinny's up front and slicks with 100 octane and the right tune will beat a Demon

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
From the 40 second video, I can tell it has heated and cooled cup holders and heavy duty oh shit handles.

OMG...get over it!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For my own amusement, as much as anything else, I wanted to see these two prototypes on the same page.

Are we looking at two different models? Or is it simply different camo? The rear ends looks very similar, but the front does appear different. The "spears" on the hood, "GT350 lower fangs" and side vents only seem to appear on the one car. But, again, the camo could just be doing its job :)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored