Sponsored

Lease rates on 2018 GTs?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey, guys! Sorry if this is the wrong board! Leased my previous two GTs, 2013 and 2016, both premiums, always went in educated on the lease rate and residuals to be able to negotiate down to an amazing price off of the ridiculous one they always start at (started at nearly $700/month on my current 2016... got them down to nearly half with the same amount down :lol: ). I’m having some trouble finding the info on the 2018 GT lease rate/percentage and residual value and was hoping someone here knew. I mean, I could ask a dealership but I like figuring out a price prior and going in ready to negotiate. :D
Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Did you negotiate your previous two leases so soon after the new model was released? The only time that I've been able to negotiate good lease deals on performance vehicles was when the car had been sitting on the lot a long time and the dealer was dying to move it. At that point, it was likely a 3rd party lease...

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you negotiate your previous two leases so soon after the new model was released? The only time that I've been able to negotiate good lease deals on performance vehicles was when the car had been sitting on the lot a long time and the dealer was dying to move it. At that point, it was likely a 3rd party lease...
The 2016 was out for about 2 months when I negotiated (the leasing info wasn’t even available when I first looked at it, I leased it 2 days after the GT lease info became available), the 13 was just over 4 months. The lease for both was/is through Ford, it’s who I make the payments to.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A dealer I contacted like 5-6 months ago text me - they're like 40 minutes away from me, I contacted them because they were the first I saw on AutoTrader who had 18s in and I wanted to test drive one (I never went because the car was mislisted, it was a manual and I wanted to try the 10-speed). Anyway, I told the guy that they're pretty far from me but I'd be willing to do business if they can give me a good deal, told him my situation with my current lease (when it's up) and asked if they would be willing to give me pricing via email or text. Told them when my lease was up, he asked when I was looking to go into an 18/19, I said "whenever you want to get me out of my current lease", he asked what the MSRP of my current car was, the residual and my current lease payment... When I gave him the price of my past two he stopped responding :lol:
The salesman at where I did my last test drive at when he asked what my lease payments were he paused and went "how the hell did you get that price?!?" :lol:

Oh man, this is going to be a looooooooooooooong negotiation when I decide to switch over

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I could imagine that you could get a reasonable lease offer once they sit on the lot a while (I still can find new 2017s in my area). But until then, you're likely going to be fighting for a decent price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could imagine that you could get a reasonable lease offer once they sit on the lot a while (I still can find new 2017s in my area). But until then, you're likely going to be fighting for a decent price.
The 2016 was out for about 2 months when I negotiated (the leasing info wasn’t even available when I first looked at it, I leased it 2 days after the GT lease info became available), the 13 was just over 4 months. The lease for both was/is through Ford, it’s who I make the payments to.
As you can see, it did not affect my prior two leases. :p (plus the order window closes in like 8 weeks for the 2018 as the 2019 goes up in March)
I mean, I’m mostly asking if anyone knows the numbers so I can start calculating...

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
You aren't going to get a good deal on a lease through Ford. They never offer incentives for a lease on a Mustang GT. You may be able to find some rare case with a lease broker.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You aren't going to get a good deal on a lease through Ford. They never offer incentives for a lease on a Mustang GT.
Yes, but the cash back incentives get applied to the price the lease is based on, thereby lowering the lease payments.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You aren't going to get a good deal on a lease through Ford. They never offer incentives for a lease on a Mustang GT. You may be able to find some rare case with a lease broker.
Wrong.
Read my posts. You’re correct about no lease incentives, wrong about not being able to get a good deal through Ford.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Wrong.
Read my posts. You’re correct about no lease incentives, wrong about not being able to get a good deal through Ford.
You had a rare case. I tried 3 dealers last year, and all lease payments were above the payments to finance the car for 60 months. The reasoning was always the same, because there are no lease incentives.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You had a rare case. I tried 3 dealers last year, and all lease payments were above the payments to finance the car for 60 months. The reasoning was always the same, because there are no lease incentives.
I had two consecutive rare cases on two GTs? ;)

Having the great deal on my 2013 helped me negotiate the 2016, btw, as it was a reference point for me to negotiate from.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Your right and he's full of the stuff he's shoveling. Lease rates on these are atrocious and higher than 0/60 financing.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your right and he's full of the stuff he's shoveling. Lease rates on these are atrocious and higher than 0/60 financing.
I’m full of the payments that I’ve been making for over 5 years...? Uhh, K. Sorry you’re bad at negotiations. :doh:
I have no idea how I’m “shoveling” anything considering I’m not selling anything and am asking for numbers so I can better negotiate when I go in to do it in 6-8 weeks. Here, let me simplify it for you: I’m not asking for anyone’s misinformed opinion about how much you’re able to negotiate on GT leases, I’m asking for the numbers/rates, meaning the drop for residual value and lease percentages.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
2...the answer is 2.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer will not even talk about leasing a GT.
Sponsored