Last edited:
OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
My guess here would be if you used a lower ethanol content like e30/e40 as opposed to e85, you would be able to get further on the DI side. I've built 7 ecoboost cars between fiesta/focus and f150's and I tuned my focus at 500 whp on e50 fuel mix with split second port injection, 28 psi and no knock. That's 125 whp per cylinder. Cylinder pressure is the biggest cause of knock. I would try re tuning with a lower ethanol content mixed with pump 93 and see how far you can push it. E40 is probably going to be the sweet spot. E40 will equate to around 26% more fueling capacity on the direct injection side. I haven't had a hptuner base map to dig into the ecu yet, so I'm not familiar with how the direct injection and port injection fuel commanding works, but you'll want to utilize the DI side as much as possible. You can also try commanding more pressure on the hpfp side using the hpfp VE map and Desired FRP table (if they exist) and that bap you used should help with getting more out of the hpfp side as well as more low pressure will equate to better hpfp flow. I think the trick here will be digging into the ecu and spending time to see what works best. I'm actually surprised you guys needed a bap, on ecoboost cars you can control the voltage and raise it, nobody uses baps on ecoboost platform to my knowledge.

Worst case scenario, at least give it a shot to see how it works out if yall have not tried already. Lower content to e40, 10 psi p1x, change stoich to 12.39 and start with 10 degrees and add 2 degrees at a time until you see knock, and maybe test e50 too (11.82 stoich). I haven't seen anyone test this yet and it's a new platform.

[MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]

we are out of low side pump. that is the main issue. lowering the E content would take some of the load off the pump. but not worth it to me. already have the 9. id rather put a proper fuel system in the car and use 85% blending is too much of a pain in the ass. and too much room for error.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
After talking with [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]

I'm going to give the following a try.

Stage 2 P1X 9-10 psi
VMP BAP
deatschwerks 95lb injectors
DW400 pump with MAK modified hat
E40 fuel

And try for 850->900 whp

oh hell yes!!! :cheers: im going to be tuning it right? (assuming you got the package from mak?)

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
oh hell yes!!! :cheers: im going to be tuning it right? (assuming you got the package from mak?)
To each their own :) I'm a fan of e40/e50, I've been mixing it for years it's super easy. I'm always within 2-3 % and more accurate than pumping e85 cause it's not always e85. I use fuel-it universal kit for $329 and have the app on my phone that tells me the content. e40 is usually around half/half I've never really had to think about it while mixing as it becomes habbit. I'm going to go the e40 route with dw400+bap because I can utilize the DI side more than the port side. Also another concern for me is e85 is a dry fuel and the HPFP relies on fuel for lubrication. Usually e30->e50 is a good target to keep it healthy and let it live a good life.

In regards to tuning it's up in the air, my 800 rwhp was tuned by Jon JR, but he's got r&d to do yet and I volunteered for guinea pig but he's not up for that remotely so I've considered tuning it myself with hptuner, but I'm a novice so that wouldn't be fun.

Last edited:

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
subbed

CO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shad
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I know this is an old thread but I am curious about this set up. I have a 2016 GT with a VMP Odin. Not wanting to set the world on fire with HP. Will this set up work to switch to e85 and keep the same pulley that’s on it now ? Thanks
Sponsored