Sponsored

Passing emissions with my Procharger

ven377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I already messaged him when it first failed.
his reply was.

"I think it just needs more drive time. Everything has passed except the O2 Heater. And I have my emissions tweaks to help it set them quicker. Its worked on other vehicles no problems. Rear O2s are enabled."

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I already messaged him when it first failed.
his reply was.

"I think it just needs more drive time. Everything has passed except the O2 Heater. And I have my emissions tweaks to help it set them quicker. Its worked on other vehicles no problems. Rear O2s are enabled."
told my friend the same thing tried two tunes and no luck. they out of the blue they sent him another and it worked.

ven377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
told my friend the same thing tried two tunes and no luck. they out of the blue they sent him another and it worked.
Sweet thanks for the info. Ill hit him up again.

Thank you for the quick response!

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Crossing fingers that ProchargerTECH sees something turned off in my tune.

Sponsored

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP
I spent 6 months trying various defoulers, fuel pressures and tunes to no avail. VMP verified that all of my sensors were turned on but for some reason I also couldn't get the o2s or htr readiness tests to complete. Last weekend I went to drive my car after not driving it for a few days and my yellow top was dead which was really odd. I got it warranty swapped, put it in the car and then jumped in the car to drive ~22 miles away (probably 19 of that highway) to buy an optima charger. I drove back home another ~22 miles and for sh*ts and giggles I plugged my scanner in. I was blown away when it fired up and gave me a green checkmark. I navigated to the i/m readiness section and sure enough, everything was green. No idea how or any concrete answers but I drove about ~3 miles from 30-55 mph, then ~85-90mph on the highway for 19 miles, surface roads again from 30-55mph, turned the car off, bought the charger, and reversed the trip. This was actually the first time in 6 months that I wasn't minding the drive cycle to a T and just driving however, which pissed me off and was freaking awesome all at the same time.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I spent 6 months trying various defoulers, fuel pressures and tunes to no avail. VMP verified that all of my sensors were turned on but for some reason I also couldn't get the o2s or htr readiness tests to complete. Last weekend I went to drive my car after not driving it for a few days and my yellow top was dead which was really odd. I got it warranty swapped, put it in the car and then jumped in the car to drive ~22 miles away (probably 19 of that highway) to buy an optima charger. I drove back home another ~22 miles and for sh*ts and giggles I plugged my scanner in. I was blown away when it fired up and gave me a green checkmark. I navigated to the i/m readiness section and sure enough, everything was green. No idea how or any concrete answers but I drove about ~3 miles from 30-55 mph, then ~85-90mph on the highway for 19 miles, surface roads again from 30-55mph, turned the car off, bought the charger, and reversed the trip. This was actually the first time in 6 months that I wasn't minding the drive cycle to a T and just driving however, which pissed me off and was freaking awesome all at the same time.
That’s awesome. Dead battery resets all the monitors to “not ready” on my Jeep, would think the mustang is the same. Wonder if your dead battery reset the KAM (I think that’s what it’s called) and maybe helped to make the monitors run better or something?

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s awesome. Dead battery resets all the monitors to “not ready” on my Jeep, would think the mustang is the same. Wonder if your dead battery reset the KAM (I think that’s what it’s called) and maybe helped to make the monitors run better or something?
That's the thing though, I reset the pcm manually via a few different handhelds probably 20 times and unhooked the battery probably 20 times for at least an hour each time and also 3-4 times did the trick where you use a wire to discharge the vehicles keep alive power. Every single time i would get all but o2s and htr to ready pretty quickly. Strange thing on the battery issue too. So I bought an Optima yellow top back in last April I believe. From the time I swapped it in to replace the stock battery I had issues with the radio capacitor connector that turns the pump off and on it would randomly get stuck on to where I had to disconnect it or it would literally drain the battery before stopping. All normal runs even I'd turn the car off and the radio etc would keep running indefinitely. I had to quickly power the car back on and then off again for it to do whatever it does and turn off my pump. Once I had the battery warranty exchanged for a new one and put it in, all of the strange shite stopped and that's when I drove it and all I/M monitors passed, and that was obviously from scratch. I have no clue what was going on and all I can think of is the battery was defective and doing weird stuff to the system.

Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I've had to replace my battery before it was two years old. My alternator was constantly working over time, where as when the car was new watching the battery voltage made me think I had a bad alternator because it would go between 12.5 and 14. There were long periods of time it would stay at 12.5. When bad it was always at 14. Once replace the voltage behavior returned to normal.
In the tune there's normal output, High fuel demand and efficiency modes for the alternator. I can see it not going ready if the battery is not allowing the alternator to go into efficiency mode.

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had to replace my battery before it was two years old. My alternator was constantly working over time, where as when the car was new watching the battery voltage made me think I had a bad alternator because it would go between 12.5 and 14. There were long periods of time it would stay at 12.5. When bad it was always at 14. Once replace the voltage behavior returned to normal.
In the tune there's normal output, High fuel demand and efficiency modes for the alternator. I can see it not going ready if the battery is not allowing the alternator to go into efficiency mode.
That's actually a good point. The fact that in under a year, when it finally went bad, the voltage dropped down to like 10.2 overnight and my charger at the time couldn't recover an AGM battery that was that low. There was definitely something wrong with the battery. The new one has been perfect now since day one thankfully and all is right with the world again.

Sponsored

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
ProCharger,
I haven't been able to set my Cat/O2/HO2 to set, and I'm still on the stock canned tune. I'm going to wait until how it works out with Bartly.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP could get the battery load tested. And get a smog test. That's easier than pulling S/C parts off the car and driving it around. Compare the numbers to those below. Although I just googled those numbers. I don't know if they are really ideal.

http://www.techtalk.ie/technical_ar...lyser-to-help-diagnose-nct-emission-failures/
How to use a 4 gas analyser to help diagnose NCT emission failures

"THE IDEAL 4 GAS VALUES ARE: CO <0.2%; CO2 >13.5%; O2 <0.2%; HC <15PPM; LAMBDA between 0.99 & 1.01 @ 2,500 rpm

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well, good news and bad news. The tune had everything set the way it should and still no pass. So I bought an X4 and a new tune written and I am good to go. Just happy to not be sweating what I was going to have to do to keep the car on the road. Thanks for any suggestions along the way.

Oh yeah, thanks to Beefcake for some quick delivery on the X4, that was awesome.

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea that don't make sense,so using supposedly the same tune,it would not pass with hp tuners but did with sct,hmmm.Glad u got your problem solved though man because that is a tough situation
Sponsored