Sponsored

Fuel Drain - What Are You Guys Using?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
For the guys that use fuel pump tunes to drain their tank, what are you guys using to get the fuel into a jug? I know on the s197 you could just unhook the fuel line at the rail and insert a fuel filter, then run a hose from the other end. I believe our cars have a different size feed line. Anyone know if those fuel filters will hook into that feed line? I've seen the JPC kit and not gonna buy that.

I normally just run it as close to empty as I can and swap octanes/tunes, but I'd rather be able to do this in my garage instead of at the gas station. Plus I have a dead stock pump, am going to a return system, and need to drain roughly 1/4 tank to swap fuels before the new tune.
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
For the guys that use fuel pump tunes to drain their tank, what are you guys using to get the fuel into a jug? I know on the s197 you could just unhook the fuel line at the rail and insert a fuel filter, then run a hose from the other end. I believe our cars have a different size feed line. Anyone know if those fuel filters will hook into that feed line? I've seen the JPC kit and not gonna buy that.

I normally just run it as close to empty as I can and swap octanes/tunes, but I'd rather be able to do this in my garage instead of at the gas station. Plus I have a dead stock pump, am going to a return system, and need to drain roughly 1/4 tank to swap fuels before the new tune.
JPC's fuel tank drain kit....

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Once you go to a return type system you can just pull the line off the regulator and stick it in a 5 gallon jug and trigger the pumps ... That's what I do at home when changing back to pump gas from E85 or the other way around ..

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

Im gona try and see if the fuel filter works this weekend, curious as well

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Fuel rails and feed line is the same as the 11-14's. If and when you go to the return style you can choose whatever is easier and disconnect the line and let her drain into a jug. I disconnect mine at the fuel filter which I have under the car by the frame rail.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
My setup won't have a fuel filter under the car. If the feed line is the same, I'll probably go the filter route and extra line into a jug, just for sake of being easy. Thanks gents!

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

Im gona try this out

Last edited:
OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I can confirm that the fuel filter from the 13/14 gt500 fits into the quick connect on our stock feed line. I'll be attaching 6 feet of 3/8" fuel hose and putting it into a fuel jug, loading a fuel pump tune, and draining.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I tried it out and the fuel filter fits on the fuel line so it will be easy to drain fuel with a fuel drain tune

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
So wondering with the jpc kit, how long do you drain the fuel, until the car stalls or get it as close to empty with the car still at idle ?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So wondering with the jpc kit, how long do you drain the fuel, until the car stalls or get it as close to empty with the car still at idle ?
I guess you could run until it stalls, but why? Why not just flash a tune that turns the pump on?

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I have a tank drain tune which runs the pumps constantly to drain my tank. When the dash makes a bong noise it's pretty much empty so I just shut the car off and add whatever fuel I'm gonna use. Then flash the tune for that and I'm on my way.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yep. Fuel drain tune. Your tuner can make you one.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I guess you could run until it stalls, but why? Why not just flash a tune that turns the pump on?
Well Im connecting the same hose to the jpc kit anyways and I dont need to flash it to the drain tune and back to regular tune again. But my concern is if I want to run pure race fuel does it matter if theres a little bit if regular fuel in the tank since the stoich is different on the race fuel (ms109)?

And how long do you keep the car idling or running when you add race fuel to it until fuel lines are completely empty of regular fuel?
Sponsored