Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
New issue! Hazard lights are asking funky.
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Turn on randomly, it seems if you press them they come on by themselves 3-4 times.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Turn on randomly, it seems if you press them they come on by themselves 3-4 times.
Same thing happened to me and actually killed my battery. After I jumped my car, hazards were still doing it. I unplugged all the connections to the rear of the head unit, took the negative battery off the battery terminal, plugged the connections back into the rear of the head unit, then put the negative back on the battery. Problem solved and no problems since. :thumbsup:

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Uggg, well I got a manual for a reason! I need to tear into the dash again at some point to do some rejiggering on a few connections... guess I will use that time to fix the flasher issue.

Sponsored

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Uggg, well I got a manual for a reason! I need to tear into the dash again at some point to do some rejiggering on a few connections... guess I will use that time to fix the flasher issue.
Hopefully it doesn't kill your battery. I was pretty frustrated when it happened to me. After I did that unhooking rehooking thing, no more frustration. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
If you don't have a Premium Model DO NOT USE Mustang Hi setting. It interferes with the CANBUS signals. Put it back on Mustang and turn your car off, open the door and turn it back on. When I said trying to use the toggles for Premium toggling wouldn't work, I meant it.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, China doesn't appear to be interested in sending me a new host, which means the only way I can move forward with this unit is to buy another one, which just isn't feasible after buying two already. I ordered a replacement screen for my factory radio, so it looks like I'll be out of the Tesla loop without divine intervention. It was fun while it lasted!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So what would have happened if someone in this group buy ended up having a bad unit, would China have left them high and dry? Seems rediculous that they have no way to get another brain for you, a man who earned them plenty of cash. If they take returns for replacement, I or someone else could mail your unit to them advise that it was DOA.

Or maybe StangATX will come up with something. I'm willing to give you $20 towards a new unit. Maybe you could "sell" me the A/C On/Off board with white LEDs from your broken unit.

Doesn't seem right you being out of the game like this.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what would have happened if someone in this group buy ended up having a bad unit, would China have left them high and dry? Seems rediculous that they have no way to get another brain for you, a man who earned them plenty of cash. If they take returns for replacement, I or someone else could mail your unit to them advise that it was DOA.

Or maybe StangATX will come up with something. I'm willing to give you $20 towards a new unit. Maybe you could "sell" me the A/C On/Off board with white LEDs from your broken unit.

Doesn't seem right you being out of the game like this.
Apparently, if it wasn't purchased through eBay, they have no desire to help, because you can't leave them bad feedback. I have had the host (brain) out of my car for 4 days now, waiting for them to send me a replacement, so I could send them the one that doesn't work, but he keeps making excuses. Once he saw I filed a claim with PayPal, now he's saying the unit connects USB to a computer to load the software (which I already knew) but he says the company who actually makes the unit "patented" the information on how to fix them with a computer (which again is B.S.)

I have ONE thing left to try tonight to revive my unit, but if it doesn't work, then I am literally S.O.L.

Also, my unit has green LED's, I never changed them, and I'll have to show PayPal that I returned the broken unit to him in order to get a refund, so I couldn't sell parts off it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after talking to PayPal, there is a technical loophole that lit a fire under Liu Chaoren's ass. The last group buy of 13 units- None of them were sent to my PayPal address, so as far as PayPal is concerned, he hasn't delivered what I ordered, and would be entitled to a full refund. I brought this to Liu's attention, and sent him a copy of the correspondence from PayPal, and suddenly he's motivated to not only send me the Host I need, but the other parts that others have requested as well, and promises to have them at my door by Saturday.

I guess the idea of giving away 13 units and losing $8,260 is making him nervous. I've got over $1,400 of my own money invested into this entire project, and as of right now, nothing to show for it other than living vicariously through you guys who are excited to have your units. If he doesn't have the parts at my house on Saturday, I am most definitely moving forward with the claim. Is it ethical? Well, not really, but neither is blowing off customers who need support on brand new units.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what he has agreed to have to me on Saturday:

1 x Host (Brain Box) - For my unit
1 x New USB Cable set - For me, the one sent is broken
1 x AC Control Board - For Pablo with AC stuck on HIGH
1 x Microphone board - For my unit (My mic sounds like I'm 80 feet away)
1 x AC Control Board - For Jknapp with bad LED behind Switches

That should resolve all current issues with the unit for everyone, that can't be fixed through software development I believe.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victory!!

But with every battle, there are casualties. I lost the LEDs on the top two buttons. The solder points pulled off the board :( I'm not overly upset, I prefer nothing over having mismatched green. If I find myself caring enough, i'll get some strip LEDs and do that fix, so nothing to worry about.

BTW, the LEDs for the 2 buttons are 0603 SMD type. The toggle switches are a little larger, probably the next size up. I was able to get the 0603 LEDs I ordered to work on the toggles though.

Side note.....I suck at soldering.
I believe 0805 is the next size up.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I believe I know why... Whenever I was looking into the build.prop it says the portrait mode was forced. Which means every app they designed is setup portrait but they codded them to make it look like landscape lol. I don't know if that makes sense to you... :headbonk: (However, I'm not really sure if it's what's happening here...).
This would make sense, and if you install Torque on the unit, you can't touch any of the spots you're trying to touch, you have to touch about 1.5 inchest high, and 1/4" to the left of where you actually want to touch for it to work. I would take a video, but... Well.. You know. ;)
I'm wondering if Torque Pro can be configured to operate directly off the CAN connection????

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how do we fix these APKs, even with root I wasn't able to do anything. Do I need to SSH into this thing or something?
Okay, now that you're rooted, install "Root Uninstaller" [RU] (I recommend spending the few bucks on the Pro version) Make sure you have a copy of whatever apps you want to replace somewhere (on USB or in the download folder) then go in to [RU] and BACKUP THE EXISTING APP then Force Stop it, and Uninstall it. Now shut the car (or run power) off, and open the door, then power the unit back on. Now go back into [RU] and make sure the App you removed isn't still listed, and you are free to install the "updated" versions from StangATX. With the Pro Version, you can convert it back to a System App, and prevent accidental uninstallation later, and it won't take up space in your app list!
Sponsored