Sponsored

? Partial blower removal

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wondering what I can leave installed from my Procharger Stage 2 that would allow me to install my factory tune and drive it for a few weeks.

1. I take it it’s a no brainer that I’ll have to re install the OEM fuel injectors?
2. How about the BAP, can I leave that installed?
3. How would the car behave if I left the supercharger installed and just remove the supercharger belt? Being that the MAF is still in the air flow would it even care, or does the factory air box need to be re installed?
4. Should I also re-install the factory spark plugs since they have the correct gap and heat range for the factory tune?
4. What about the blow off valve, how would this come into play?

Curious what your thoughts are. Thanks
Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
how would the car get air if you take the belt off the blower

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You could leave everything as is and just remove the blower belt
What about the larger injectors that came with the supercharger, how would the factory tune react to those?

how would the car get air if you take the belt off the blower
Just guessing it would suck the air through the system like it did before the blower was installed? Totally guessing on that, so tell me if I’m thinking wrong.

Thanks

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
well the blower is the intake so if the blower isn't spinning then no air gets through.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Ive tossed a belt before and it runs just fine while crusing around. So that shouldn’t be an issue.

BAP only kicks on under WOT and you can turn it off if you want.

Yes you would need new plugs or re gap them.

I think you would through codes those due to the MAF relocation. And you can’t put the stock air box in as your PC is there.

BOV won’t work if you just unplug and cap the vacuum line.

I would say you could run it but lots of changes that IMHO wouldn’t be worth the time.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
you could run the plugs you have in. They will work fine for running around but you will need to take off the belt and swap back to the stock injectors. The maf would be the trick. You would need to run the factory box to make it work right.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the info! Funny, the BAP is like a mystery box to me, I know the crude idea of what it does, but no clue what any of the settings do. When buying the setup it was preset, so no need to adjust anything. Always been curious what it was set at and why, but just seems like always something else more interesting to do then researching a BAP. I just had a feeling leaving it wired in and just plugging the vacuum line might be an okay thing to do.

Yeah I was kinda thinking the supercharger and air box would have to swap places to keep the MAF happy.

Just because we are on the subject, I can’t recall if the BOV is closed or open when not connected. Makes me think of the crankcase ventilation lines and maybe EGR or EVAP systems. Was curious how they would interact with the BOV w/ a plugged vacuum line in drawn in airflow vs. pressurized under FI. Now I went and overthought that crap and just confused myself.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I am doing this while my car gets shipped. Just taking the blower belt off. It will run rich but only in the port area and loading/unloading.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
What about the larger injectors that came with the supercharger, how would the factory tune react to those?
Sorry I didn’t fully read the question lol...you could yank the belt and cruise on the current tune without boost, but if you want to load the stock tune you’re gonna need to swap a lot of stuff around. Why do you want to drive on the stock tune? Warranty?

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I am not a centrifugal expert on the s550 however I did a ton of work on the old SN95s with them. I found that installing a one way check valve on all lines that I didnt want boost to hit helped with a ton of issues. Like the Evap, EGR, Vac line for the HVAC system, etc. They were not designed to see boost and even in factory systems they never see boost because they are all PD setups that pull vacuum before the compression of the air. Just a thought.....

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
I shredded a belt once and the car just kept driving like normal.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer