D1x or Whipple gen 3!?

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Performance PAck
I have a 2017 GT with kooks long tubes no cats and a borla atak exhaust. Looking to get forced induction soon and have the car ready for spring time. I have my eye on a d1x procharger system or a whipple gen 3. I have seen impressive numbers on both. Just wondering what everyone thinks about their set ups. Performance wise, reliability, iat's, etc. The car is mainly a street car, roll races happen in mexico all the time on the way home from work, it will see some track (drag and possibly a road course here and there). Let me know what you guys got and what you think!! thinking about a Paxton just because of the price too. Let me know!
Sponsored

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I have a 2017 GT with kooks long tubes no cats and a borla atak exhaust. Looking to get forced induction soon and have the car ready for spring time. I have my eye on a d1x procharger system or a whipple gen 3. I have seen impressive numbers on both. Just wondering what everyone thinks about their set ups. Performance wise, reliability, iat's, etc. The car is mainly a street car, roll races happen in mexico all the time on the way home from work, it will see some track (drag and possibly a road course here and there). Let me know what you guys got and what you think!! thinking about a Paxton just because of the price too. Let me know!
All of the blower options out there are really nice and perform well. It really just depends on what your goals are for the car and what type of power you want to make. From what you said it seems like a twin screw with instant boost and torque would work out great.

It's going to be hard to compete with the kit that Whipple offers. It's just a very high quality well put together system that's proven itself over and over to perform.

We run Whipple kits on all of our shop cars and they're bad ass. Great people to deal with as well.

Please let me know if there's anything we can help you with. We're Whipple's largest US distributor and carry all of the other brands as well so if you have any questions just give me a shout.

Thanks,
Jared

OP
OP
eze_s550GT

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
All of the blower options out there are really nice and perform well. It really just depends on what your goals are for the car and what type of power you want to make. From what you said it seems like a twin screw with instant boost and torque would work out great.

It's going to be hard to compete with the kit that Whipple offers. It's just a very high quality well put together system that's proven itself over and over to perform.

We run Whipple kits on all of our shop cars and they're bad ass. Great people to deal with as well.

Please let me know if there's anything we can help you with. We're Whipple's largest US distributor and carry all of the other brands as well so if you have any questions just give me a shout.

Thanks,
Jared

Looking to get close if not more then 800 wheel. Procharger sounds so badass and I know it’ll perform. I’ve driven an auto procharged car which I know isn’t going to feel like my manual. It was quick. I’ve never driven a whipple car before.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
D1X = 9 Second car all day everyday.
And crazy cost effective.

(I just got one myself, so I am biased lol)

That blower has gone 8's with other street cars. :)

OP
OP
eze_s550GT

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)

Hmm really!? I haven’t seen much on the D1x yet

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
From what I've read d1x is a beast. It's been cold and snowing so i can't drive mine

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT

With a stick? Any videos? I am biased, I have a gen2 whipple and love it. On their tune and a stick I have been 10.2 @ 138 and it drives better than stock.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you cant go wrong with any blower on these cars, just depends on driving styles

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I have a Whipple stage 2 setup, about 700 to the wheel on the Whipple tune. The power is freaking amazing....crazy tire shredding power when you lay into the peddle and drives like stock when not. The quality of parts and simple install is second to none. I've installed roush and VMP setups, this kit is seriously top notch with major attention to detail. It literally looks like it could have come from the factory.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Man, it must be hard to choose with so little information available on this forum :doh:

Just busting your balls, OP. I vote whipple for street driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
eze_s550GT

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
My thing is I really like both kits. The procharger sounds amazing and makes great power and it seems like that Whipple Gen 3 is a monster. Do I just get the Whipple Gen 3 or do I save some money grab the D1x and use it for other mods. My car is a 2017 with a full exhaust, manual trans 3.73 gears. If I did get the whipple I’d swap the gears to 3.31. I just can’t make up my mind!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
hard to go wrong either way, gimme a ring in the am and we can go over options

513-478-1965
Sponsored