Sponsored

Pro charger leak issues?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
99.9% of the time someone says they have a leak....

It turns out to be PCV oil vented into the system.

The blower oil is green, and leaks are so rare its nearly unheard of.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
This is why i went with breathers, don't want motor oil in my head unit!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
99.9% of the time someone says they have a leak....

It turns out to be PCV oil vented into the system.

The blower oil is green, and leaks are so rare its nearly unheard of.
EXAMPLE: this is clearly engine oil, and NOT blower oil.
This is mine, I'm famous :D And [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] was right.

I found my catch can filled to the brim, and evidently overflowing into the PCV inlet into the blower.

My catch can was just drained a few weeks ago, so I didn't even think of it. Turns out it was completely filled with an oily mess of water. SO MUCH water condensated inside the catch can that it filled it (and mixed with oil). I'm guessing due to the crazy weather changes in my area. I'm getting rid of the catch can as I can't have it filling with water every few weeks and then getting sucked into my blower.: Looking into Boostwork's catch can that has a breather on it and does not recirculate back into the intake. Was going to just run breathers originally until I read about the filter on them getting soaked with oil and dripping off unless cleaned very often.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
This is mine, I'm famous :D And [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] was right.

I found my catch can filled to the brim, and evidently overflowing into the PCV inlet into the blower.

My catch can was just drained a few weeks ago, so I didn't even think of it. Turns out it was completely filled with an oily mess of water. SO MUCH water condensated inside the catch can that it filled it (and mixed with oil). I'm guessing due to the crazy weather changes in my area. I'm getting rid of the catch can as I can't have it filling with water every few weeks and then getting sucked into my blower.: Looking into Boostwork's catch can that has a breather on it and does not recirculate back into the intake. Was going to just run breathers originally until I read about the filter on them getting soaked with oil and dripping off unless cleaned very often.
Yea I checked my catch can about a week ago and it was filled with condensation,only had about 1000 miles on it.Was told to check it more in the winter months,but thinking about taking it off s also because I don't want water getting sucked into my motor giving me detonation

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Yea I checked my catch can about a week ago and it was filled with condensation,only had about 1000 miles on it.Was told to check it more in the winter months,but thinking about taking it off s also because I don't want water getting sucked into my motor giving me detonation
Yeah not worth the hassle IMO. I had some strange WOT behavior also, Lund said it suddenly seemed to need more fuel, so I think the oil/water was leaning it out.

Just actually resolved the issue today so i haven't tested to see yet.
Sponsored