Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
I was having quite a few issues with the tune last season (false knock, high gear load drop). Got to the bottom of most of the false knock, though now going to up boost a bit and get it on a dyno for tuning to get it dialed in.
Got a similar setup and occasionally get some knock which Lund reckons is false. Did you figure out what it was that caused it?

Anyway know what the smallest size pulley I should be looking at for use with the stock fuel system, Boost A Bump and 52# injectors would be (also stock internals, drive shaft, etc.)? If I go with a larger injector to try to get to around 11psi out of the Procharger, would I be OK on the stock fuel system + BAP? If I get it to 10psi, will I still be OK with the MU52's? I spoke with Procharger and they said that I am OK to spin the P1 at 11psi, but wouldn't recommend any more. I'm only getting about 530whp on a Mustang Dyno out of the kit right now and load dropping off in the higher RPM is still an issue in 3rd/4th.
I'm running a P1SC stage 2, 4.63 pulley with BAP and ID1050X injectors. Getting about 10psi at redline and Dakota at Lund reckons about 600whp based on the load he's seeing compared to other cars he's tuned although i've not been to a dyno to verify. I see about 30% duty cycle with the BAP and injectors so loads of room to grow.

For what is worth I was only seeing 8psi on my Stage 2 P1sc-1 at 7500-7600. I put on a Gates belt and swapped the Pro-flo BOV to a Turbosmart raceport and see 11psi at that same RPM.
That's interesting. What pulley are you running? Are you saying those are the only 2 things you changed to jump 3psi? How does that work? Did you have belt slip or an issue with the pro flow?

I currently have the same 4.63 stock pulley on a stage 2 system and I am running about 9.5-10psi max( Stock Headers/Cats W/ Proflow Valve)
Is that with the MAK intake and Boss manifold in your sig? What altitude are you? I'm stock power mods apart from the Procharger and getting the same boost level.

I was planning to reach out to MY tuner about this just to be safe, but I have heard mixed info. Do pulleys require re tune? Some say yes others say no the tune should be able to adjust fueling as needed.
Dakota said I could drop a pulley size with my boost level, duty cycle and timing and not need a re-tune. By "drop A pulley size" I assume that means any more than 1 size down and it would require a re-tune.

I have dropped down one pulley size without needing a tune revision,but 2 sizes would probably need some tweaks.
Did you need a new belt or was there enough adjustability with the tensioner? Looking to drop to the 4.50 but wondering if I need to order a new belt too.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Got a similar setup and occasionally get some knock which Lund reckons is false. Did you figure out what it was that caused it?

I'm running a P1SC stage 2, 4.63 pulley with BAP and ID1050X injectors. Getting about 10psi at redline and Dakota at Lund reckons about 600whp based on the load he's seeing compared to other cars he's tuned although i've not been to a dyno to verify. I see about 30% duty cycle with the BAP and injectors so loads of room to grow.

That's interesting. What pulley are you running? Are you saying those are the only 2 things you changed to jump 3psi? How does that work? Did you have belt slip or an issue with the pro flow?

Is that with the MAK intake and Boss manifold in your sig? What altitude are you? I'm stock power mods apart from the Procharger and getting the same boost level.

Dakota said I could drop a pulley size with my boost level, duty cycle and timing and not need a re-tune. By "drop A pulley size" I assume that means any more than 1 size down and it would require a re-tune.

Did you need a new belt or was there enough adjustability with the tensioner? Looking to drop to the 4.50 but wondering if I need to order a new belt too.

No i.did not need a belt,but i.have stage 2 d1 8rib.If your using the stock.tensioner i.would ask procharger but i.would think one pulley would be ok.since its only. a bout an 1/8 difference in pulley size.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That's interesting. What pulley are you running? Are you saying those are the only 2 things you changed to jump 3psi? How does that work? Did you have belt slip or an issue with the pro flow
Stage 2 P1sc how it comes from Procharger. I always had a feeling something wasn’t right based on track logs and what I was revving to at the track seeing just under 9psi. I figured eventually when I go e85 I will pulley down so I wanted to replace the proflo, it’s really only rated for roughly 10psi and 750 crank hp. There were no signs of belt being loose or belt dust but I noticed all the hellcats at the track were using green belts so i went with one of those too. Car jumped 3psi and maf lbs went from ~76lbs per min to maxed at 86.68. Car gained 0.05 and gained 3mph, but was shifting way early, Lund set the shifts firm without anticipatory and we’ll be going back tomorrow. Weather keeps getting worse but we’ll see what we can get.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
yeah the green belt is the way to go i replaced my stock belt with it and i also have a spare gates rpm belt as well.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Lund "reckons" a lot of things when it comes to knock. Good luck to you. Signed former Lund money donator.

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
No i.did not need a belt,but i.have stage 2 d1 8rib.If your using the stock.tensioner i.would ask procharger but i.would think one pulley would be ok.since its only. a bout an 1/8 difference in pulley size.
Appreciate your input. Thanks for that. I was feeling the same but based on what the guys are saying below I might buy a couple of green belts in different sizes just in case.

Stage 2 P1sc how it comes from Procharger. I always had a feeling something wasn’t right based on track logs and what I was revving to at the track seeing just under 9psi. I figured eventually when I go e85 I will pulley down so I wanted to replace the proflo, it’s really only rated for roughly 10psi and 750 crank hp. There were no signs of belt being loose or belt dust but I noticed all the hellcats at the track were using green belts so i went with one of those too. Car jumped 3psi and maf lbs went from ~76lbs per min to maxed at 86.68. Car gained 0.05 and gained 3mph, but was shifting way early, Lund set the shifts firm without anticipatory and we’ll be going back tomorrow. Weather keeps getting worse but we’ll see what we can get.
Thanks for the info. That's really interesting. I'm manual so may be a little different but for the price of a belt it's worth a try. Got any info on a part number by any chance please?

Lund "reckons" a lot of things when it comes to knock. Good luck to you. Signed former Lund money donator.
I’m up to 75 log files with Lund. Never seen positive knock in a single one. And I’ve hacked the exhaust in every way possible. Lol
One day there was none and the next there was knock. We troubleshooted with race fuel but the knock was still there so i'm inclined to agree with the Lund guys that it's likely false. I do have some pretty crazy rear end clunks which are driving me mad and I think could be causing it. Regardless i've got to say i've had nothing but good service from the Lund crew.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Appreciate your input. Thanks for that. I was feeling the same but based on what the guys are saying below I might buy a couple of green belts in different sizes just in case.

Thanks for the info. That's really interesting. I'm manual so may be a little different but for the price of a belt it's worth a try. Got any info on a part number by any chance please?

One day there was none and the next there was knock. We troubleshooted with race fuel but the knock was still there so i'm inclined to agree with the Lund guys that it's likely false. I do have some pretty crazy rear end clunks which are driving me mad and I think could be causing it. Regardless i've got to say i've had nothing but good service from the Lund crew.
K080670HD

They have reviewed about the equivalent of a log per day for me this year. Always responding the next day. At one point I heard the email come in at 8pm and thought, “Jesus Christ take a day off!” Lmao

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Anybody have the part numbers for the green belts?

I was told that the size I need only comes in HD K080653

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

Yea u need to be careful with knock,I had knock on e85 and it was assumed it was false because e85 don't knock right,plus it was right at tip in at low rpms.Well as soon as I put a boost reference on my car the knock went away.Long story short u need to make sure it's false no matter what fuel your running,and fueling plays a big part of knock,not just timing.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Ghosted_10spd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt/cs
P1sc stage 2 on e85 will be pullying down to the 3.90 pulley. Anyone here have similar or the same setup so I can have an idea of where I’ll be at as far as power to the wheels, lbs of boost etc. I have a 2019 10 speed

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
P1sc stage 2 on e85 will be pullying down to the 3.90 pulley. Anyone here have similar or the same setup so I can have an idea of where I’ll be at as far as power to the wheels, lbs of boost etc. I have a 2019 10 speed
Ive only used 4.0. You should be 800+