Sponsored

Just In: Whipple Powered 2018 GT runs 10’s!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I think American Muscle broken an axle if you look at their video just using Slick's and a tune
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
So you are saying a stock 2018 Ford Mustang GT Auto are breaking axles.
I had a driver side axle on my 2018 break on the 1-2 shift on the stock cal in drag mode with just a set of 19” MT drag radials. I also know of another 18 that broke one too but at a much higher HP level from stock.

The 2018 GT auto starter pack includes a set of DSS axles, driveshaft and a loop. I recommend this for anyone with an A10 car that plans to take the car to the track.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Impressive numbers. So far the Whipple Gen5 has put out more rwhp on 91 octane than Procharger and Hellion have done on 93 octane.

I can tell you haven't driven a 2018 PP1 A10 in drag mode. The shifts are absolutely violent. None of my built LSX cars nor any new Z06 I've driven have shifted that hard. On factory tires on asphalt, my car is sideways the first couple gear changes WITH traction control left on. I have no doubt that my car would break an axle with a set of drag radials on brushed concrete shifting to second.
That drag mode is no joke. Lol

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Impressive numbers. So far the Whipple Gen5 has put out more rwhp on 91 octane than Procharger and Hellion have done on 93 octane.

I can tell you haven't driven a 2018 PP1 A10 in drag mode. The shifts are absolutely violent. None of my built LSX cars nor any new Z06 I've driven have shifted that hard. On factory tires on asphalt, my car is sideways the first couple gear changes WITH traction control left on. I have no doubt that my car would break an axle with a set of drag radials on brushed concrete shifting to second.
Agree 100%, even with slicks, 1-2 and 2-3 we’re violent but incredibly fast. You want 2 hands on the wheel. Normal and sport mode use torque control to degrade power in these shifts.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
10 second Whipple Powered 2018 Mustang GT
Our friends at Whipple Superchargers have their 2018 Mustang GT at the track for some testing shorty after installing and calibrating their 2018 GT with their new 3.0L supercharger kit.
[email protected] driven by the “Black Bear” Dustin Whipple right off the trailer.
91 octane with a 3.875” 6 rib pulley. Only other mods are Hoosier slicks, BMR cradle lockout bushings and Driveshaft Shop 2000hp series axles.
Wow! Now that is very impressive. All on 91 octane as well.
I missed it, but car is an A10, correct?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Wow! Now that is very impressive. All on 91 octane as well.
I missed it, but car is an A10, correct?
91 octane and just out testing. Working on the auto trans cal with traction as it’s imoossible to do on the street. A few more tweaks and we’ll be right there knocking on the 9’s. Keep in mind that’s with Factory cats and exhaust, keeping cat saver mode which goes richer to keep them alive during these types of runs.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
91 octane and just out testing. Working on the auto trans cal with traction as it’s imoossible to do on the street. A few more tweaks and we’ll be right there knocking on the 9’s. Keep in mind that’s with Factory cats and exhaust, keeping cat saver mode which goes richer to keep them alive during these types of runs.
Impressive man. Impressive.
Keep up the great work.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Congrats,could you post a few pictures of your mustang?

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Wow, just wow . You think you can run 9's on 91 ? I assume you will be running a smaller pulley when you do 93 testing. What pulley will be included in the stage 1 kit that will come with a power train warranty ?

I am torn between an 18GT/A10 or waiting on the GT 500.:headbonk:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Wow, just wow . You think you can run 9's on 91 ? I assume you will be running a smaller pulley when you do 93 testing. What pulley will be included in the stage 1 kit that will come with a power train warranty ?

I am torn between an 18GT/A10 or waiting on the GT 500.:headbonk:
We’re evaluating all that right now and will release info soon.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Keep up the good work. HPJ is going to be ordering a Gen5 kit to install on my car as soon as it's available.
Sponsored