OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Perfect, Do you recall what the Short Term Fuel Trim's are? Can you email over a data log of of the surging and I can review it and look it over.

That is awful strange of how the converters failed as well, almost sound's just purely defective from the Factory.
Sure I can. What PIDs do you need?

John
Sponsored

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
STFT1
STFT2
LTFT1
LTFT2
Measured AF 1
Measured AF 2
RPM
Knock
Spark
Batt V
Throttle Position 1
Throttle Position 2
Intake VCT 1
Exhaust VCT 1
Intake VCT 2
Exhaust VCT 2
I didn't log because for some reason the car is not doing anything wrong... The only difference today and the past few weeks is the temperature. 55 degrees today. Before that it was quite a bit colder.

I'll see what happens in the morning when it's colder.

John

Will@Whipple

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sounds good, Keep me posted.

Thank you.

I didn't log because for some reason the car is not doing anything wrong... The only difference today and the past few weeks is the temperature. 55 degrees today. Before that it was quite a bit colder.

I'll see what happens in the morning when it's colder.

John

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I love the fact that whipple is all over the issue and actually trying to help. Makes me glad I went the whipple route!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
widebands on these cars are pretty cheap, I bought spares just in case. although both banks are the same so they are probably fine. I would try them on facebook too.

headers or any other modifications to the car? catch can?
No other mods except ARK exhaust.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good, Keep me posted.

Thank you.
New data... Yesterday it was 54 degrees and it ran good. Tonight it was 39 degrees and it was hesitating and going flat again. I will datalog tomorrow when it's even colder to really capture the behavior. It's def. related to the cold.

The intercooler pump was busily running pumping frigid water through the cooler... Shouldn't it be temperature controlled?

John

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
New data... Yesterday it was 54 degrees and it ran good. Tonight it was 39 degrees and it was hesitating and going flat again. I will datalog tomorrow when it's even colder to really capture the behavior. It's def. related to the cold.

The intercooler pump was busily running pumping frigid water through the cooler... Shouldn't it be temperature controlled?

John
It runs all the time. You are driving it in the winter? Get a beater.. :cheers:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
original install was in the warm months however was it not? Did you really start to notice in fall / winter? Can you say the issue has exclusively been in colder air?

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have a procharged mustang and Its weird I only have spells of running lean and chocking up when it is sub 50 degrees out but otherwise it runs and idles perfectly.

I let my car warm up to running temp before driving it all year round so I am not sure if running it before warm up would be better, but from what I notice it seems to idle fine while warming up.

Is there possibly a setting in the tune that would change from the ambient temp dropping below 50 degrees?

I dont plan on driving the car much until April/May but I plan on pulling the injectors, plugs, and checking for air leaks. I will let you know if I find anything

Sponsored
OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
It runs all the time. You are driving it in the winter? Get a beater.. :cheers:
I have a 2014 Sierra used in foul weather. But if the sun is shining and the roads are dry, it's Mustang time!

John

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
original install was in the warm months however was it not? Did you really start to notice in fall / winter? Can you say the issue has exclusively been in colder air?
Yes. It was warm when it was installed. It has always done it slightly or not at all depending on where I bought gas - when the weather was warm... But as the weather has gotten colder, it has gotten much worse! I thought it was the changeover to winter blend gas, but I'm really starting to believe it just runs like crap in the cold... Same issue with fuel when cold - car is VERY picky about where I get it. I had been using BP or Sunoco and the problem was much worse. Now I have a tank of Gulf and it improved somewhat.

John

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
so realistically it seems as though the engine and drivability is dependent on Gas / IAT. Look forward to seeing the logs man and hope Whipple can get you sorted.

Ken at palm beach dyno just put up a video in which he mentioned that a ton of the cars he sees have a vacuum leak between the upper and lower units at the bypass valve o-ring.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
so realistically it seems as though the engine and drivability is dependent on Gas / IAT. Look forward to seeing the logs man and hope Whipple can get you sorted.

Ken at palm beach dyno just put up a video in which he mentioned that a ton of the cars he sees have a vacuum leak between the upper and lower units at the bypass valve o-ring.
Link to the video?