Sponsored

Recent Procharger Install Concerns

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys - thought I'd provide an update to my own thread, for those who were wonder / interested / considering supercharging their car.

PCTech and I have been playing phone tag via PMs for a better part of two months now. I've sent over everything he's asked for, and hopefully I'll have a new tune in my inbox soon.

In the meantime, I re-gapped down to .28 on all the plugs and if anything the start and initial drive quality is worse now. The car consistently has rough starts and attempts to die. Even if I let the car warm up for a few minutes, it still likes to idle high and then struggle with the first few gear changes. My best guess is there is an issue with the air/fuel/ignition ratio.

Once the car has been driven for a while, it is incredibly smooth and responsive, but I must admit its totally unacceptable to have to wait for 15-20 minutes for that to become a reality. I have a 12 minute commute to work and the car spends most of that time trying to decide whether or not its going to behave appropriately.

I went with Procharger because I wanted more power, but not at the cost of sacrificing daily driver characteristics. I'm really hoping that the yet to be delivered new tune solves the problems, but my patience with the driving experience is running thin. Uninstalling the kit is certainly on the table at this point.
Don’t hold your breath, they will never send a tune to correct your issues. Sorry to say it’s a stall game now, they are waiting for you to bite the bullet and get tuned else where.
Sponsored

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
what injectors are you running? size & brand? or PN. My car starts & idles like a rock without virtually any tuning other than throwing in their injector data but I'm using ID1050x's, though the 47lb ford racing g302 injectors worked very well too. When it comes to injectors you kinda get what you pay for and if the data is good it should idle like stock.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
what injectors are you running? size & brand? or PN. My car starts & idles like a rock without virtually any tuning other than throwing in their injector data but I'm using ID1050x's, though the 47lb ford racing g302 injectors worked very well too. When it comes to injectors you kinda get what you pay for and if the data is good it should idle like stock.
Do you have an sct4 ...

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an SCT handheld here that came with my car but use HP Tuners to tune/scan.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I went through 6 tune revisions with Procharger and she still didn’t run right.

Went with a custom tune and it ran perfect on the first base map I was sent.

Take from that what you will.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went through 6 tune revisions with Procharger and she still didn’t run right.

Went with a custom tune and it ran perfect on the first base map I was sent.

Take from that what you will.
Mine runs perfect the 1st time....

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an SCT handheld here that came with my car but use HP Tuners to tune/scan.
i was gonna say sct4 has special funtions to take care of the cold start issue easily, I don't think the plain sct has that function.

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was gonna say sct4 has special funtions to take care of the cold start issue easily, I don't think the plain sct has that function.
I've never had any cold start issues, in my defense I live in central florida so cold start issues really aren't an issue for the majority of floridians ;-)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
PCTech and I have been playing phone tag via PMs for a better part of two months now. I've sent over everything he's asked for, and hopefully I'll have a new tune in my inbox soon.
You sent me the info THIS Friday....

I was out of the office the past few days.

I have sent you two emails with updated files. :)

If emailed updates don't work.
DROP IT OFF at House of Boost and I will personally tune it myself.
(but first try the emailed updates)

Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Don’t hold your breath, they will never send a tune to correct your issues. Sorry to say it’s a stall game now, they are waiting for you to bite the bullet and get tuned else where.
He's about 2.5 hours from us.

If I can't fix it with an update. (no different then the Whipple thread about their update(s))
I will just have him drop it off at a local dealer, and I will tune the car myself.
And make sure there isn't something odd with it.

No bitting of any bullet required. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ sounds like a very generous offer.

OP
OP
KSU Stang

KSU Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver 400A Fastback
what injectors are you running? size & brand?
They are DeatschWerks, 95 lb/hr. Its what Procharger supplies in their kit, stage 2 at least.

You sent me the info THIS Friday....

I was out of the office the past few days.
Its all good man, I know you're doing this in your free time, but we have been working on this since 12/14/17. I originally sent you the serial numbers back on 01/12.

Its no fun to have your dream car setup, something you've put a ton of time and money into, suddenly no longer be enjoyable to drive. I've been dealing with this since I installed it a week before Thanksgiving. Took it to House of Boost to have these kinks worked out + inspected before I ever came on here looking for help... its basically been 3 months of loathing.

I have sent you two emails with updated files.
Got them! First one is loaded in! Already cruised around the block + several starts. Will see how things go the next few days. Thanks for sending these over.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Its no fun to have your dream car setup, something you've put a ton of time and money into, suddenly no longer be enjoyable to drive... its basically been 3 months of loathing.

I feel ya, this terrible KC weather hasn't allowed me to drive my Cobra since last year :( No way in heck I will take her out until the weather is good, and at least 3-4 good rainstorms wash all this salt off the ground.

KC weather :( ..... makes me wonder why I don't live in FL with my family. lol

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Updates on your updated tunes you received!!

OP
OP
KSU Stang

KSU Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver 400A Fastback
Updates on your updated tunes you received!!
Sorry the weather in KC has not been all that helpful since I got the tunes. I've drove the car maybe 2 hours total since receiving those new tunes.

In that small test pool of time, the first one did not resolve the start issues but smoothed out the rough driving experience up front. Huge step in the right direction if you ask me. PCTech's second tune was meant to be used only if the throttle hung, which the first tune did do but maybe only 2-3 times. The OG tune had this problem as well, but again was few and far between.

I will load the second tune once the weather is better and see what shakes out, but am going to follow up with PCTech as well just to get his thoughts. (I'm sure he'll see this as well :cheers: )
Sponsored