Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You could use a potentiometer however they tend not to be very efficient with an LED.

you could also run this gauge without hooking up the blue or white wire and it would illuminate the needle and the gauge red but its pretty dim that way.

I think the best case scenario would be to place a little bit of window tint on the gauge to cut the very bright light at night.

Its perfect during the day, you can see it very clearly even with the sun directly on the gauge.
I tend to swing for the harder route. I don't know why I didn't think of tint lol. Good idea!
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Little strange since I said I was going to tint it in the post you directed potentiometer toward.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Little strange since I said I was going to tint it in the post you directed potentiometer toward.
I never said I was smart or apt at reading in entirety :headbonk:

OP
OP

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
sorry Venumous didnt mean to steal your thunder with the tint! HAHA

:cheers:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
No thunder stolen, I'm just an ahole.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The boost will be very repeatable in these cars as most of our combos have stock heads and cams and with Whipple tune cam timing will be the same. The CFM from the blower shouldn't vary much at all with the same pulley combinations. If the tensioner isn't set right it could bottom out when belt is stretched from load, but I doubt that's what the difference we are seeing here. And the Whipple pulley system doesn't really allow much slip to loose boost. Like I said before watching a boost gauge is only cool, but data log will show the real deal with accurate MAP sensor. The other big factor is where your at in RPM when you look at a log or your boost gauge. The Whipple makes good boost down low but continues to rise until redline 7500 rpm. So if you are expecting to see a pulley combinations maximum potential and your at 6500 rpm you will be at least a psi down from 7500 rpm. Maybe Dustin will chime in on this.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Last edited:

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
Just installed this. Well worth the money!

jus10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Just finished this up today and thought I would throw some pictures up I don't see many people running this setup.

Sorry for the slightly blurry pics, cam is messed up on my phone.

Roush gauge is a little bright at night but excellent during the day

Apillar pod could be a little nicer for the price but does have a spot for the tweeter and fit is pretty good. Finish is shiny and not quite the same as factory but you don't really notice it unless you compare side by side.
Where did you tee-off for the tubing for the gauge? I've heard of a few different options but nothing definitive for the roush tvs blower setup.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Planning to order this gauge tonight. Is it really that bright at night? There has to be a solution to make it dim.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Update, the autometer led dimmer does work for this gauge. Simple install too. Now people can take their tint off lol.
Sponsored