Sponsored

Procharger pro flow valve

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
There was a discussion on another forum regarding the pro flow because they don't have a 100% positive seal, it doesn't seal completely so that it will never hang up. One member suspected a boost leak at the pro flow, he swapped his out and apparently picked up close to 2psi :cheers:

Well...I've been fighting an issue where if I smack the rev limiter one of my tubes will come loose, this happened a couple of times on the dyno so to rule out the pro flow not evacuating enough boost quickly enough I decided to do the same, purchased the EXACT same BOV as this other person, had it installed today and the results less than impressive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fc860CcDQv5yUynX2 Left is aftermarket, right is pro flow
Pro flow

Aftermarket valve

Basically very negligible difference across the board from maf hz, maf lb/hr, inferred map, etc.

Runs were done 2 days apart but with similar conditions, in fact the conditions actually favored the aftermarket valve slightly as the ambient temp tonight was slightly cooler.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
A simple google search will show how many people have had bad reviews/experiences with the pro-flo unit. Like anything, not everyone will have something negative to say about it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
easy fix get a tial bov or order the procharger race valve.. if you want to keep the original i have a new never used one for sale .....

Calvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Nothing scientific but I recently made a pipe for a TiAl bov I had laying around for my Procharger. Installed after swapping to the 2 lb spring, took it off the next day. Thing is way too loud for daily driving and I did not notice any difference in boost or butt dyno from having it (stock pulley).

I usually shift around 3k rpm and also decided to meter the air bypass decibel from the TiAl at this speed from a few feet away and it was literrally 107db. Way to much attention and doesn't sound that great either. I assume any open vented bypass valve will be similar.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Nothing scientific but I recently made a pipe for a TiAl bov I had laying around for my Procharger. Installed after swapping to the 2 lb spring, took it off the next day. Thing is way too loud for daily driving and I did not notice any difference in boost or butt dyno from having it (stock pulley).

I usually shift around 3k rpm and also decided to meter the air bypass decibel from the TiAl at this speed from a few feet away and it was literrally 107db. Way to much attention and doesn't sound that great either. I assume any open vented bypass valve will be similar.
What?! It sounds like a damn airplane, what more could you ask for? :D I love the crazy looks I get from people with mine.
[MENTION=23692]cpelaez1[/MENTION]

Calvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
What?! It sounds like a damn airplane, what more could you ask for? :D I love the crazy looks I get from people with mine.
[MENTION=23692]cpelaez1[/MENTION]
Haha, can't really argue with that. It was just attention i didn't want. It did sound menacing during boosted shifts. I am planning on trying to make a TiAl QR fit where I had the TiAl Q mounted so that I can hopefully route to a filter to muffle it.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Haha, can't really argue with that. It was just attention i didn't want. It did sound menacing during boosted shifts. I am planning on trying to make a TiAl QR fit where I had the TiAl Q mounted so that I can hopefully route to a filter to muffle it.
Haha I can understand it. However I get told all the time that my car sounds like a jet coming down the road. I love the sound. Even though it most certainly gets obnoxious sometimes I will never give it up hahah.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't have it any other way. Its a signature and a warning to my opponents. It says “ know what your getting into coming at me because your about to get that ass dragged”!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
There was a discussion on another forum regarding the pro flow because they don't have a 100% positive seal, it doesn't seal completely so that it will never hang up. One member suspected a boost leak at the pro flow, he swapped his out and apparently picked up close to 2psi :cheers:
If someone picks up 2psi, they had some other issue.
- valve not actually hooked up, leaky hose clamp, etc.

Just can't get a 2psi leak from a ProFlow.
(heck even removing the valve completely as a gaping hole is like 3psi)

I decided to do the same, purchased the EXACT same BOV as this other person, had it installed today and the results less than impressive.
Sadly thats what most people find. The "internet" tell them to swap valves.
They spend $250-$500, and results end up the same. (other than sound change)

Runs were done 2 days apart but with similar conditions, in fact, the conditions actually favored the aftermarket valve slightly as the ambient temp tonight was slightly cooler.

I like that with the filter on the ProFlow its stealthy quiet.
Then without the filter/muffler on it, its just enough "woosh" to be known.

Long as you a rocking and rolling making boost thats all that matters :)

:ford::headbang::cheers:

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Actually basically 3psi lol
If it lost 3psi, then it was wide open or not even on the tube.
Cause thats about all it can bleed even if it fell off. (same with any valve with a 1.5" diam. opening)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Logs always consistent, from when first installed. Just posting my findings, Im not saying everyone will see the same gains. gained 3mph at the track in hotter weather.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Logs always consistent, from when first installed. Just posting my findings, Im not saying everyone will see the same gains. gained 3mph at the track in hotter weather.
They won't.

Im not being mean, its just facts.

In your case either that valve was stuck, or there was a hose not fully connected. But I am glad that you corrected whatever issue you had, and the car is flying. Thats all that really matters. :)

I did a video about this exact topic. :)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I’m stating facts, google search Proflo valve. Car didn’t go from being slow to being fast. Car was already doing good just got better. Valve was not stuck or disconnected, sorry. I know in Kansas City all Procharger cars with Procharger tunes drive better than stock, dyno 650+, run mid 10s at over 130mph but the reality is life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows outside of Kansas. I’d never tell anyone to pull their proflo, I just recommend that they watch their logs and see if anything seems odd for their setup. For all it’s worth even my tuner said nothing appeared wrong, but the guys at Mak being very knowledgeable with your kits knew all along something was fishy. Not trying to be mean, just facts splattered all over this section.

Im extremely happy with my kit, cant wait for a stall and E85.
Sponsored

Last edited: