Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Please God no!!! Hell, the bow tie boys will have put out 3 new models by then!! No way they make us wait that long!
LOL :D :lol:
Too funny. They already have 3. The new ZL1, the ZL1-1LE and the new ZR1.
Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
So, more than 650 (Camaro = direct competitor) and less than 808 (Demon = other "American1") and 707 (Hellcat = other "American2").

Is that what I'm reading???
Basically, the Hellcat also counts as a direct competidor so... wink wink ;)

Just looking into this hint a bit... at 4150lbs, a 5.76lb/hp ratio would put it at 720... just a thought! BTW, ZL1 1LE had 6.04lbs/hp
:ninja::ninja::ninja::gossip:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
GT500 CONFIRMED ON FORD PERFORMANCE FACEBOOK PAGE! 2019 Model year, 700+ horsepower!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The ZL1 1LE is 5.9lbs/hp curb is 3835lbs.:thumbsup:
And its a manual. Didn't someone say manuals wouldn't be offered in the 500? In which case: Autos/DCT are both MUCH heavier than manuals.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
headlights do look all new for this car. Could be wrong but the rear ends of the light look modified by that intake area.
Not real excited but waiting for the final showing before I totally rule if out.
when I first seen the gt350 I was like wow, that's a beautiful car. I can see those black elements being a turn off, as well as the front quarter intakes giving it a squared off look.

Hopefully by next month we will know. from the press conference it sounded like YEAR 2019 not MY 2019.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
headlights do look all new for this car. Could be wrong but the rear ends of the light look modified by that intake area.
Not real excited but waiting for the final showing before I totally rule if out.
when I first seen the gt350 I was like wow, that's a beautiful car. I can see those black elements being a turn off, as well as the front quarter intakes giving it a squared off look.

Hopefully by next month we will know. from the press conference it sounded like YEAR 2019 not MY 2019.
Both, as I said it before the car will be available at the very first days of Spring next year as a 2019MY.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Something has gone wrong in Dearborn. We all know that this new GT500 (or whatever they plan
to call it) has been in planning and engineering phase for years..we have been seeing a disguised
prototype testing with a Camaro and a Porsche....last year. If indeed it will still be another year
before release, I think that someone has put it on hold and I would be interested in why.
Because the GT350 and especially the R is/are still better than anything the competition is offering. There's really no reason Ford had to come out with the GT500.

My opinion is Ford is just coming out with the GT500 to be good to their customers who want big power. And there is also brand bragging rights. The GT350 already does everything well. Ford didn't need to build a GT500 in order to sell Mustangs. They are already selling plenty of Mustangs. If the GT350 had flopped, Ford could have pushed the GT500 out months or a year ago. No need. Not at all.

Chevy's Camaro is hurting big time and they keep trying to come up with something to boost sales - however it's not working. Dodge is doing fine. They have their niche and everything is going well for the Challenger.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, what do you guys/gals think about the START/STOP feature that may come on the new GT500? I'm not excited about it at all, but the tuners will eventually figure out a way to totally disable it, but then good bye warranty.
I'm sure there will a button or mode to press/use to disable it, but that would have to be done every key up, I "assume".

***(I'm not saying that the new GT500 is going to have the START/STOP feature, just wanted to get your thoughts on it if it happens to be on the new GT500 car.)

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So, what do you guys/gals think about the START/STOP feature that may come on the new GT500? I'm not excited about it at all, but the tuners will eventually figure out a way to totally disable it, but then good bye warranty.
I'm sure there will a button or mode to press/use to disable it, but that would have to be done every key up, I "assume".

***(I'm not saying that the new GT500 is going to have the START/STOP feature, just wanted to get your thoughts on it if it happens to be on the new GT500 car.)
This is one car it won't be on.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

My wife's Benz has the stop/start feature, but it does come with a button where you can turn it off. Even though i doubt the GT500 would come with such a feature at least it is not something the tuners would have to do, since it is a simple toggle on/off.
Sponsored