Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Regarding the brakes...the pads (while mentioned as being ceramic) may not have a metallic wear indicator so the rotors don't get grooved/trashed which would make sense if the rotors were indeed CC.

This car may end up being 4,000lb. CC rotors and CF wheels would absolutely make sense in order to keep it from being Hellcat-fat. I can see 75-80k.

On edit: I hope this does't mean yellow Brembo calipers as is often the case with CC rotors...
Sponsored

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Regarding the brakes...the pads (while mentioned as being ceramic) may not have a metallic wear indicator so the rotors don't get grooved/trashed which would make sense if the rotors were indeed CC.

This car may end up being 4,000lb. CC rotors and CF wheels would absolutely make sense in order to keep it from being Hellcat-fat. I can see 75-80k.

On edit: I hope this does't mean yellow Brembo calipers as is often the case with CC rotors...
Hmmm.I may be out at those prices ... and likely ADM's at least for a year or two . May just be cheaper to supercharge the GT 350 for now....Still can't wait to see it even if I can't afford it (that realization makes the wait easier lol).
Might be worth trading in/selling "everything" for if it truly is badass as it's looking .

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It does have Track mode, I don't think it has a snow/wet mode though... pretty sure GT350 has a wet mode
Negative on the track mode. That’s labeled non-GT500. Which doesn’t give me as much faith that this will be as well rounded of a car that we were hoping for...at least that I was hoping for.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
go to a star wars movie for a few hours and Lots of tidbits are dropped. so, is this a reliable source for this info? is the DCT going to be an option? not available?
no track mode only drag? why does it say non GT500? is there another model? GT350 doesn't live on? I'm not sure ALL this stuff is correct. wht put massive brakes on it if it's just going to need to stop at a light. this is gonna be a track car, OR should I say a version of the mustang in spy shots is going to be a track car. Ford isn't going to abandon that scene, I'll promise you that.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Source is the Motorcraft service portal.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Interesting stuff. I also still think the best GT500 render is the one that was use in the FordNXT website story. Forgot who render that was but lol I would be on board for that.

Hoping we see something soon ! Its been dragging out for to long !

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
It looks to me to be one car to conquer all which is great to me. If you think about it a Porsche turbo or GTR will rip up a track but are not necessarily "track" cars! I'll take killer in a straight line and the curves but comfortable on the road all day long!!

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Hmmm.I may be out at those prices ... and likely ADM's at least for a year or two . May just be cheaper to supercharge the GT 350 for now....Still can't wait to see it even if I can't afford it (that realization makes the wait easier lol).
Might be worth trading in/selling "everything" for if it truly is badass as it's looking .
I hear you on that note. I'm out at about 65K. Might have to keep the GT350 and wait on the next gen for an upgrade:frusty:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A car like this doesn’t take very long to hash out, so I think many details are left out. It sounds like it’s basically a hellcat turned up. Why even put the magnaride shocks on it? I believe there is a version that’s actually going to use those big brakes and magnaride shocks. Why deal with the upkeep of the mag shocks? Ditch them.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It looks to me to be one car to conquer all which is great to me. If you think about it a Porsche turbo or GTR will rip up a track but are not necessarily "track" cars! I'll take killer in a straight line and the curves but comfortable on the road all day long!!
Hope you are right, but I will disagree that a 911 turbo and GTR aren't track cars.

A huge front disc like we've been shown does indicate that its meant to have stopping power, we all hoped it was because Ford was focused on an all around car, but it could be just stopping power needed to slow you down after hauling ass down the street.

Time will tell. Those that have seen the real thing have said its just menacing and looks like a "race car", as in track. Maybe it doesn't have Track Mode because it doesn't need it?:shrug:

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says 10 speed auto? If so, at least it won’t be 90k
I was told DCT 7 speed and still haven't seen anything to counter it beyond speculation.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I was told DCT 7 speed and still haven't seen anything to counter it beyond speculation.
I was looking at that 10 gear shift chart layout above. Was thinking that was leaked as well.
Maybe the 10 speed is standard with a dct option IDK. grasping at straws.
Gonna be awesome to select shift points:)

Sounds like there is a show that ford is having ahead of NAIAS...
Ah...now that sounds good :clap2::D:thumbsup:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I was looking at that 10 gear shift chart layout above. Was thinking that was leaked as well.
Maybe the 10 speed is standard with a dct option IDK. grasping at straws.
Gonna be awesome to select shift points:)

Sounds like there is a show that ford is having ahead of NAIAS...
Ah...now that sounds good :clap2::D:thumbsup:
Thats how I was interpreting the chart above as well. Ford certainly has us jumping...dont they?
Sponsored