CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for input on the Steeda rear shock mounts. My car is a DD and I only drag race it several times a year. Was there an appreciable difference in ride quality? I definitely see the value if I tracked the car.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for input on the Steeda rear shock mounts. My car is a DD and I only drag race it several times a year. Was there an appreciable difference in ride quality? I definitely see the value if I tracked the car.
There is a difference but it depends on how well-damped your car is. I noticed a pretty significant difference when I went from the stock mounts to them on the Pro Action shocks (fixed valve) and my spring package. It became instantly more supple and virtually eliminated any bounce from the rear suspension, changing nothing else at that time. With my current dampers I honestly can't feel the difference, to my surprise. I think the value is more for the DD folks than anything else, or if you're trying to fit a bigger tire (it offers more clearance). It's worth a try, I think, but make sure you get one of the open socket (21 mm) tools to secure the nut. It's very important to get that tight or it'll clunk/pop.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Brian.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think you’d be better off putting the cash elsewhere. I have them because I didn’t want to drill out the OEM mounts for the Steeda struts. Otherwise I think they are a genuinely overengineered part (strong as hell, but it’s a fat ass solid block of billet aluminum) with a spherical bearing that opens the door to potential failure.

Only do them if you really need them. Performance benefits are not there.

To be clear I don’t think they’re necessarily bad but they’re only as strong as their weakest link.

Last edited:

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’d be better off putting the cash elsewhere. I have them because I didn’t want to drill out the OEM mounts for the Steeda struts. Otherwise I think they are a genuinely overengineered part (strong as hell, but it’s a fat ass solid block of billet aluminum) with a spherical bearing that opens the door to potential failure.

Only do them if you really need them. Performance benefits are not there.

To be clear I don’t think they’re necessarily bad but they’re only as strong as their weakest link.

Confused by this post... You have the adjustable steeda shocks? Cuze I have the non-adjustable and they fit just fine on OEM mounts. Secondly considering they have been proven to get rid of the flex in the stock mounting location(dozens of posts) they would benefit even stock shocks so I'm not sure where you think the performance benefit isn't there?

After my shock and spring upgrade I still have some bounce on highway in the rear at speed. These are my next upgrade for sure.

Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Confused by this post... You have the adjustable steeda shocks? Cuze I have the non-adjustable and they fit just fine on OEM mounts. Secondly considering they have been proven to get rid of the flex in the stock mounting location(dozens of posts) they would benefit even stock shocks so I'm not sure where you think the performance benefit isn't there?

After my shock and spring upgrade I still have some bounce on highway in the rear at speed. These are my next upgrade for sure.
Ah. The adjustable require drilling out the mount. Really good to know! One of my units bit the dust and Steeda promptly sent a replacement ... but if this happens again I will probably return to OEM.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I put mine on a month or so back and didn't notice any difference but looking back I have not once experienced the back end wallowing after a dip in the road like I used to notice so I guess that means they're doing something.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Billet rear shock mount advantages

Steeda billet rear shock mount advantages

1. Better damper control by eliminating the rubber deflection of the stock mount, therefore providing better ride quality and handling!
2. Reduces bind on damper piston!
3. Used by record holder racers, HPDE instructors and enthusiasts!
4. Billy Johnson endorsed, fastest production Mustang at PBIR!
5. One of Steeda's best sellers with thousands sold!
6. Works so well we patent it!
7. lifetime warranty!
8. Fantastic value at 199.00

Please note: That if you do not torque the nut properly it will eventually cause noise. furthermore, a loose nut could hammer the bearing causing excessive play.

The final torque needs to be done on the vehicle.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Team Steeda
Sponsored