Sponsored

Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I got these in today. Any tips for install or pretty straight forward.
147DB8AC-E30A-4566-97D5-A5B8549A3340.jpeg
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Rear bar is super easy.
That front bar is an issue. Remove both front wheels. Carefully watch how the factory bar comes out. There is a good bit of twisting and turning to get it back in.

The real trick is getting the mount bolts tightened. Long extensions and swivel sockets are the key. I had 3 feet of extensions on a 1\2" socket wrench to get it done.

Also, he sure to seriously grease those bushings. I had to remove and re grease mine 3 times to get the squeaking to stop.

The results will be well worth the effort.

Literally this much lube:
35727336496_99a298ba37_c.jpg
20170622_092835 by chefjpd, on Flickr

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yeah you got that right, you'll definitely need some extensions. I took my original sway bar out and installed the Steeda from the same side which was the drivers side. With my girlfriend on the other side, she helped guide it through the obstacles with hardly any horribly foul language on my part. It actually wasn't too bad.

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
Everything that Chef said. Pay attention to the front bar orientation. For easier access on the passenger side...remove or move the coolant reservoir.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I got these in today. Any tips for install or pretty straight forward.
Make sure you use the supplied synthetic grease.
Any questions please reach out or pm Steeda Tech.

Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
CJ Pony Parts has a very nice video that I used when installing mine with help of my kid.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I belive the CJ video is a Ecoboost. The GT has a bit tighter clearance for the mounting bolts than what is seen in the video. the rear driver side bolt is extremely limited on clearance due to the position of the alternator. Its easiest to use a short socket to loosen, then a ratcheting wrench to remove that bolt from the wheel well.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

On a GT

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Pretty straight forward like everyone is saying. Use up all the grease. Hardest part is maneuvering the new bar in. I did mine in a garage with lift and air tools front took me 1.5 hours because of maneuvering in the sway bar.

However made the car really fun to drive. Car stays very flat and controlled in turns. I do have Koni sports and Eibach prokit Springs, gtrac extreme along with Steeda sway bar enlinks. The car is a legit sports cars, changes direction very good compared to stock.

Happy you be when installed.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Glad you guys posted all this info. Im getting ready to order a set soon as the next steeda sale comes along. Anybody feel that just a rear bar is sufficient or should I just commit to doing both?

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you guys posted all this info. Im getting ready to order a set soon as the next steeda sale comes along. Anybody feel that just a rear bar is sufficient or should I just commit to doing both?
It depends. If you’re a street driver and have a PP, then I say only a rear bar is required (medium to full stiff depending on your taste).

If you have a base model, or track the car, then for sure get both and adjust them to your preference.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I installed the rear bar first and drove on it for about 3weeks by it self. It is a noticeable difference and makes the car a lot better overall. However after installing the front bar to the car was noticeably better on top of the rear only install. Doing the front and rear is WORTH it!

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I did the GT350R sway bars on my PP and have to agree with DUNDEM, I started with the rear only but once I did the front it was a huge difference. Definitely do both.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the feedback ... if you are eager & don't want to wait for the next sale, shoot me an email to [email protected] - we can work the number :)

Happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It depends. If you’re a street driver and have a PP, then I say only a rear bar is required (medium to full stiff depending on your taste).

If you have a base model, or track the car, then for sure get both and adjust them to your preference.
In retrospect, I see how generic and potentially misleading my above statement was. Swaybars are obviously part of the dynamic suspension setup; due so, adding bars front or rear, along with what stiffness settings, need to sync with coil spring rates among other things.

My point is that there is no single correct answer concerning swaybars. The best advice I can give is to post all of your suspension modifications and your driving goals so we can give a better answer, or call Steeda for their expert advice.
Sponsored