Sponsored

Overall disappointed.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
well i have the p1sc kit installed. got tune all dialed it. car is a,16 gt 6spd. mods are p1sc at 10psi. 52lb injectors.bap. kooks long tubes. no cats full 3" exhaust. gotta say im not super impressed with the power. it feels,like the difference after i put headers on. im seeing 10psi on gauge. seeing 17 degrees timing on 93. i am running out of fuel according to lund around 6500rpm. does that seem right? i guess i was just expecting more out of the setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
clutch feels fine. holds with no rpm slip.or smell or anything.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Do you have an airflow reading other than the PSI? Something around 700cfm? or 65-75lbs/min?

That's good timing, so it's hard to distinguish what's happening without seeing a log.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
something has to be up with that. There should be a dramatic difference between N/A and FI on these coyotes. If you are running 10psi, you are probably somewhere around 630-650 whp. You should most definitely feel 200whp lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
^ that was my thought to. i have my latest log but not sure how to post it

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I see you are in PA.....the roads are still cool and won't hold much power.

My 1997 Cobra with a big Paxton on it made around 650 rwhp. First drove it on cool roads. As boost increased the tires would start losing traction.....by full boost no traction at all. It felt like a slipping clutch....no noise,drama, or smoke. I changed the tires and when a warm day came....wham!

Just something to think about!

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wouldn't hurt to be on a dyno. What exactly are you expecting power wise though? I think for most people 10PSI @ 17 degrees the car feels pretty damn fast, especially with the stability help and all that stuff off. If you're coming off of something making 800whp maybe it won't feel as fast. Definitely attach a log.

To attach a log to this thread just reply with it as a file attachment. Click the Go Advanced button then the paperclip icon above the main text box where you write your replies. Add the file from the ngauge or whatever you're using and submit it here.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well.part of the problem.is if your running out of fuel at 6500 rpms your party is ending just as it begins.I would put bigger injectors in so u can run it up to.atleast 7300 rpms.Those do seem.like small injectors.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I see you are in PA.....the roads are still cool and won't hold much power.

My 1997 Cobra with a big Paxton on it made around 650 rwhp. First drove it on cool roads. As boost increased the tires would start losing traction.....by full boost no traction at all. It felt like a slipping clutch....no noise,drama, or smoke. I changed the tires and when a warm day came....wham!

Just something to think about!
This is also a great point. I have been pulling mine out of the garage any chance I can get and it makes me realize how much I miss temps above 60. This morning on the way to work my traction light kicks on pretty much the entire time. I literally hit 1/4 throttle and it's still no bueno

Sponsored
OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i do have a bap. im running a vmp bap. thats why i was kinda surprised that i was running out of fuel. i mean yea the car is quick. i was expecting more night and day difference. like i said after i put headers on i felt a difference in mid and top and power. after the blower i feel the same amount of change. trying to get to a dyno soon.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
something has to be up with that. There should be a dramatic difference between N/A and FI on these coyotes. If you are running 10psi, you are probably somewhere around 630-650 whp. You should most definitely feel 200whp lol
If he's only spinning to 6500 he's probably not seeing that kind of power. The coyote in general makes power up high and then couple that with a centri that makes its biggest gains at the end of the power band and that's a recipe for underwhelming results...
Well.part of the problem.is if your running out of fuel at 6500 rpms your party is ending just as it begins.I would put bigger injectors in so u can run it up to.atleast 7300 rpms.Those do seem.like small injectors.
Exactly! He needs to be spinning that engine another 1k rpm's.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
i do have a bap. im running a vmp bap. thats why i was kinda surprised that i was running out of fuel. i mean yea the car is quick. i was expecting more night and day difference. like i said after i put headers on i felt a difference in mid and top and power. after the blower i feel the same amount of change. trying to get to a dyno soon.
I think 50lbs injectors are only good for around 600 horse. I just ordered a Whipple stage 2 and upgraded the 72 lbs injectors to 95lbs so I'd have some head room.

None the less the car should still feel like a rocket with +/- 600 hp. The dyno will tell the tale!

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
yea but im still seeing 10 psi by 6500 so i should be feeling the power from 10psi.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase