First service with a modified car

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone had any issues with getting their first year service done with a modified car?
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Mine went through with no problems, coming for it’s second service soon

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
All I did with mine is put the stock tune back in, just in case they flash the ECU with an update:)

Other than that I got a full service report that mentioned aftermarket rear brakes, but still gave me the pad thicknesses on the report..

Nothing else was mentioned.. I took my own oil and filter, and the service was ÂŁ133 quid at my local Ford Store:):thumbsup:

Dinks66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue. Borla S- type cat back
Anyone had any issues with getting their first year service done with a modified car?

Just had mine done last week at Bristol St Bolton. Flashed my ECU back to stock prior to taking it in and fitted an insert into my CAI so it would run ok and it went through no bother. Had it back in less than 5 hours. ÂŁ250 with courtesy car. That was with suspension, wheels and exhaust non standard.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine serviced twice, both modded, once with tune, once without.

All I noticed had been done on this servo this year was coolant was drained and replaced, oil changed and replaced, brakes and visual inspection (via video proof), tyre depth, usual check stuff, and then they've put Vaseline all over the hood latch.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Had mine serviced a couple of weeks ago in Perth, it's second service. Took about three hours as the service admin explained "they hadn't done many second services on these things" :eek:
They asked if it had had its springs done...you'd think they'd know...as one wasn't seated correctly. Didn't offer to fix it and I didn't push them on that as it shouldn't be covered by warranty. Had the issue resolved locally by a place i'd highly recommend.
No issues caused by modifications on either service though.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Not really a service issue but more MOT - when it eventually comes to it in a few years. I'm not that au fait with exhausts, so if I need to change back to the standard exhaust during an MOT - can this be done fairly easily with a cat back (as I understand you don't have to cut anything, like with an axle back)? Thanks

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
wuzie123

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok think I will put the insert in and re-flash the ECU back to stock... im running the Lund tune and Ngauge. if they flash the ECU will that mess up the link to the ECU as in will i need to "re-marry" the unit to the ECU?

Thanks for the reply's.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok think I will put the insert in and re-flash the ECU back to stock... im running the Lund tune and Ngauge. if they flash the ECU will that mess up the link to the ECU as in will i need to "re-marry" the unit to the ECU?

Thanks for the reply's.
I did totally forget this on my second servo (last week), and they didn't flash anything, and the tune is still fine cobb AP is still married, no divorces occurred. :thumbsup:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Not really a service issue but more MOT - when it eventually comes to it in a few years. I'm not that au fait with exhausts, so if I need to change back to the standard exhaust during an MOT - can this be done fairly easily with a cat back (as I understand you don't have to cut anything, like with an axle back)? Thanks
As long as it passes emissions and it isn’t “modified” you will have no issues with exhaust. No need to change it.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
As long as it passes emissions and it isn’t “modified” you will have no issues with exhaust. No need to change it.
Thanks but just in case, can I change it back easily?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but just in case, can I change it back easily?
yeah remove bolts from cat side and slide it out in 1 piece :p!