Sponsored

To those who moved from a '15-'17 to 2018 - forward visibility (hood)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Whole buncha guys in here that never drove a Trans Am WS6. Talk about no visibility over the hood.
Huh? My '78 Trans Am WS6 has decent visibility. ;)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
After driving a Kenworth W900 L some years back, I have no visibility issues with anything I've ever driven.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I never had visibility issues with my 16GT, however, you can certainly tell where the hood/front-end ā€œendsā€ more easily with the 18, IMO.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Visibility is better, I also have not noticed any of the wind buffeting I used to see with the 15 that gave the impression the hood may not be fully latched. I can't tell you how many times I was driving the 15 on the highway and almost pulled over to check the hood because it was bouncing around so much only to find it was fully latched. That does not happen with the 18 at all that I have noticed.

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I get that, however even with a dead flat hood you have pretty much the same visibility out front. And really when you driving, you should be looking far beyond the hood.
I don't think anyone suggested otherwise. The situations where the hood might be an issue for some people probably does't present itself while running down the freeway anyway.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That's how I felt and even explored swapping for a non-GT hood to eliminate the unsightly vent edges (stamped into the hood would be okay) or at least unplugging the lights since they are sort of waving a flag about bad engineering (can't see one of them). But then I installed a dash-cam. It can see them both. Having proof signals were on (or off) could be useful after an accident with conflicting stories about that.
Hey, that's an idea. I hadn't considered them being visible in a dash cam. I don't have one but have been considering getting one. If I may ask, which dash cam do you have?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey, that's an idea. I hadn't considered them being visible in a dash cam. I don't have one but have been considering getting one. If I may ask, which dash cam do you have?
Thinkware 770 with rear camera option. I love it, but then again chose it based on on-line reviews and never personally used any other.

I figure I will never really need it, just like my fire extinguishers and guns but it did get a dumb guard at a gated community fired.

Poor guy was first few days on the job and must have forgotten to write down my name in his log or something and wanted to cover his butt. Just speculating because it really doesn't make sense. So he called who I said I was visiting and told them somebody didn't stop and followed another car thru the gate. I have no idea why he did that. I mean if I didn't stop, how the hell would he even know who I was visiting! LoL. But I had the recording of my conversation with him with the gate closed and him opening the gate for me to drive thru, no other car in sight.

STex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67,69 ram air and 72 GTO
So for '18 the hood shake some had is gone?

Last edited:

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I sat in an ā€˜18 at my dealer and set the drivers seat in the same position as my ā€˜17. Even though Iā€™m only 5ā€™7ā€ I have the seat in the lowest position. I saw NO difference at all because the hood on both seems to extend flat to the same distance from the base of the windshield then drops to the grille. The ā€˜18 drops that one inch lower but only forward from the same position on the ā€˜17. Sure, the power bulge is gone on the ā€˜18 but honestly for me it made no difference.
After MANY years of driving short-hood cars it took me several weeks to adapt to the long-hood Mustang but now I love it. In fact if I got another car where I saw NO hood out the windshield it would probably freak me out! ļæ½ļæ½
I think you're not tall enough :( to see the steeper angle on the hood.

If you raised the electronic seats up higher you might see to the edge of the flat part and down the steeper angled nose.