Sponsored

Clutch master cylinder

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Last week I got in my car and there was drops of a fluid on my Weathertechs. I thought I had gotten into the car with some stuff on my shoe. Cleaned it up. Go out the next morning, floor liners still clean. Took the car for a ride and when I come back, there is more fluid on the floor liners. Not a lot, just drops. Look up under the dash and there was moisture on the rubber boot from my clutch pedal. Pushed the clutch in and when I let it out, a drop squeezed out of the rubber boot. Called the dealer and brought it in today. Dealer says the clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced. Had to order the part. Totally stock car. I drive like an old man with 40 years of driving a clutch experience. I did not take out the clutch assist spring.
Anybody else have this problem?
Sponsored

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
One master cylinder services both the brakes and clutch. I think there may be a clutch slave cylinder buried in the transmission. A black plastic tube runs from the master cylinder down to the transmission. I replaced mine with a FRPP stainless steel line. Never had any leaks inside or outside before or after the swap.

Maybe there is a problem with the seal between your firewall and the master cylinder. :shrug: