This is why i could never buy a 6th gen Camaro

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
doesn't matter how fast they are or how cheap they are, I just cant get past the awkward styling in this area of the car.
awkward Camaro rear clip.PNG
Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I care less about what it looks like than what it tracks like, within reason. It's about as reminiscent of the original Camaro as the current Mustang is the original. It's not that hideous, people are crapping their pants about how fabulous the Alfa's are these days and those are weird looking cars IMHO. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's whatever turns yer crank.

If I was planning on a new car I'd likely be starting down the 1LE road, but I think I'll keep my current car and see if I can make it a 1LE killer on a road course.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I care less about what it looks like than what it tracks like, within reason. It's about as reminiscent of the original Camaro as the current Mustang is the original. It's not that hideous, people are crapping their pants about how fabulous the Alfa's are these days and those are weird looking cars IMHO. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's whatever turns yer crank.

If I was planning on a new car I'd likely be starting down the 1LE road, but I think I'll keep my current car and see if I can make it a 1LE killer on a road course.
I buy what I find visually pleasing and enjoyable to drive. road racing isn't something I do so track performance means nothing to me. i'd venture that 95-98% of the people who buy these cars are the same. there's a reason Camaro sales are so poor and from what I hear people say, styling is one of the big reasons why.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
To me, the Camaro is the ugly duckling of the Group. If I didnā€™t have an S550, I would own a Scat Pack Challanger. The Camaro isnā€™t even on my radar. I donā€™t care if it sets records on the Nurburgring or in a straight line. Itā€™s ugly.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It's the interior I don't like. Same with the Corvette.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Those tiny windows as well.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
That picture reminds me that I'm glad Ford passed on the ubiquitous "fin" antenna and with a little bump. Much less obnoxious.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I love my car but if I new how much money it would take to fix the IRS I would of bought a camaro. I think both cars look aeesome!

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I love my car but if I new how much money it would take to fix the IRS I would of bought a camaro. I think both cars look aeesome!
doesn't the Camaro have similar ITRS issues when power is increased?

Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
It's in the eye of the beholder. I completely agree with you. The entire back end and taillights.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
This will probably get me banned but I think the Camaro roofline is more ā€œMustangā€ than the current Mustang fastback roofline. The current Camaro roof has the same profile as the ā€˜69 Mustang fastback.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I've said it before, but I think the basic problem with the 6G Camaro is that GM tried as hard as possible to build a car that looks like the "artists conception". Ever notice how automotive concept art all has a similar look? Low (almost chopped) rooflines, high beltlines, unrealistically big wheels, exaggerated fenders. Most cars are toned down when concept art meets reality, but not the Camaro. It looks like concept art, like some sort of weird caricature of a 1969 Camaro.
Sponsored